Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

Default Profile with PowerShell

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello Guys

I want to set global settings in the RDM with a PowerShell Script, is this possible?
I already installed the pssnapin for the Remote Desktop Manager.

It should be possible to make settings like "Warn if Already Opened".

Any help desired smile

Thank you Guys

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

As described in our sticky topics, to get the names of the fields you need to create a session with the desired settings in RDM, then use Clipboard - Copy to get the xml structure, I simply look in the Preview tab.

The code for your requested field is as follows, it processes RDP sessions only at this time

cls;
Write-Host;
Write-Host "Fixing SSH sessions"
Write-Host;
$SelectedSessions = Get-RDMSession | where {$_.Kind -eq "RDPConfigured"}
foreach ($session in $SelectedSessions)
{
Write-Host (" Processing : " + $session.Name);
$session.Events.WarnIfAlreadyOpened = $true;
Set-RDMSession $session;
}
Write-Host;
Write-Host "DONE!"
Write-Host;

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi Maurice

I m very grateful for your Help, your Script worked very well.

The Preview Tab you were talking about, I couldnt find it, where is this tab? I only see the Tabs: FILE, EDIT, VIEW, ADMINISTRATION, TOOLS, WINDOW, HELP.

Thank you and Greetings

Clock5 yrs

To view the xml structure, right-click on the entry, then choose Clipboard - Copy, you will see a dialog that has the preview tab.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I saw that this is not possible on each entry. On few entry i cant see the "log" tab with the options "Warn if already open".

I know i got a lot of questions but how can i get e specified RDM-Session by Name. I can Format the list by name but cant search by name (PowerShell).

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

Only Entries that fall in the Session category will have the events. What entry type are you wishing to alter?

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

A normal RDM Entry.
If I use the "Get-RDMSession" Command I cant filter by Name, so that I Could change the Setting from only one specified Entry.

Thank you for your Help.

Clock5 yrs

where {$_.Name -eq "yoursessionnamehere"

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I already tried this but i get no output even if I use $_.Name "*a* or something like that.

Ah i found it out by myself, had to use $_.Name -match,

Clock5 yrs

I m Trying to set Settings like "credentials = credentials respository", to set this i tried "$session.credentials = "credentials respository".

Till now i just dont really know how to get "access" to these settings. Is there something like a "Guide" who describes how to access these settings?

Thank you and sorry for my maybe kinda "weird" questions.

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

I took the time to document this perticularity of our system. You can find the explanation on

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic23912-programmatically-assigning-various-credentials-to-entries.aspx?MessageID=85968#post85968

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs