Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

PVM Server connections

I'm trying to set up a PVM server. I have installed PVM, MS SQL 2008, and configured a database.
From the server I can run the PVM program and connect to the database.

I'm having trouble getting clients on my network to connect to my PVM instance. I don't see in the documentation how to configure network settings on the server and the clients to allow communication.
Is there a document for this or can you tell me how to configure the firewall etc to allow communication?
Is there a separate program to run besides "Password Vault Manager Enterprise Edition" on the server?

Thank you.

Clock4 yrs

hello

the setup you have chosen requires either the desktop application on all clients, or that the server run terminal services.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

On the client side what configuration do we use for the Datasource? Devolutions Server or Microsoft SQL Server?
Do I have to do anything on the server side besides adding users and allowing remote connections?

Clock4 yrs

Devolutions server is a different product, refer to http://server.devolutions.net for details, but mostly its used to provide full AD integration.

If you do not need Devolutions Server's features, you can connect to SQL Server directly from all of your workstations. All of the management will be performed from any workstation, you will not have a PVM Server, simply a DB.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs