Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Question about version 6.7 feature: Added 2-factor validation directly in the data source

Hello,

I am curious what this new feature specifically means? Does this mean there will only need to be one Google Authenticator key/number per user since it's stored in the database?

If so, how do we transition to this new feature? Currently we needed one Google Authenticator entry for every computer we access our DB from using PVM. For example if I have a tablet, laptop and desktop, I need a separate Google Authenticator entry for each one.

I hope that makes sense. Any help is appreciated.

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Its a bit different then you think.

We supported Google Authenticator as a security feature for Launching the application, now we also support it in order to connect to the data source. People had been asking for that for a long time, especially those that use multiple data sources.

I do not know if there's a way to use the same authenticator code for all your devices, I will need to ask around.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks for the reply Maurice. Where is this new option located to require Authenticator for the data source?

Clock4 yrs

In the main tab of the data source properties. (File - Data sources, select data source)

XML and Devolutions Online Drive data sources do no support it at this time.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs