Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Mac OS X and SSH

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

My Company started testing Remote Desktop Manager two Weeks ago.
In the past we used VisionApp. Main reason for RDM is the wide Application support (e.g. Any desk support) and, very important, the Mac OS X Client as we are moving from only Windows to a Windows/Mac OS Company.

Today i started testing the Mac OS Client and got very disappointed.
At the moment its very far away from the Windows Client. The biggest Problem is the SSH Support.
Our under Windows Created Configuration (in MySQL Database) uses the Buildin RDM SSH Client (not Putty).
If I now open this Host under Mac OS, I get the default Mac OS Terminal in a new Windows, and NOT in a Tab.

Ok, the RDM Solution now is, to use Iterm Profile:
1. It doesn't work, ok, it does work, you can connect, but the you have a Terminal you can't use, the prompt is only 3 Characters wide (i already tested all Emulations, also ANSI as described here: https://forum.devolutions.net/topic22437-itermssh-on-mac-cursor.aspx

2. This Session can't be used on Windows. so the Reason for RDM, have one Central configuration, is not there.

So, at the moment, the only Solution would be, to use the SSH Native Configurations and have every SSH Connection in a new Window.

Is there a Solution or is there something planned? Or i have to fine another software.

Clock5 yrs

Hi Markus,
If you take a look at the beta version of RDM Windows you will see 4 new entry types:

SSH Tunnel
SSH Shell
Telnet
Port Forward

Those types will be available soon in the Mac version as well. This is our own implementation of the protocol based on well know standard. This will be the cross-platform solution.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

thanks for you answer.
I know, Software development is "done when its done" but, is there a "guestimated" timeline?

Regards
Markus

Clock5 yrs

We hope to have this for September

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I am also waiting for this feature. unless it quite mess if open 10 session at a time.

Clock5 yrs