Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Using Smart Cards on OS X 10.10

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

How do I use configure RDM of OSX to use Smart Cards when connecting to MS Terminal Server that requires Client Certificates to authenticate. How do I enable it?

Thanks

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

The only thing you need to activate the smart cards is to check the Smart cards check box in the Local Resources tab of your Entry.

Smart+Cards

Tell me if it worked for you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Smart Cards.png
Clock5 yrs

So it does not. It is prompting me for User Name / Password / Domain and I must present my Smart Card before I am able to connect.

Clock5 yrs

here is a screen shot

Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 11.41.32 AM.png
Clock5 yrs

FreeRDP doesn't support NLA authentication with smart cards. If you have the NLA check box checked in your session configuration the app will ask you for credentials instead of waiting for the remote session to ask for them.

NLA

This will also not work if your servers requires that NLA authentication.

Tell me if you need more help

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

NLA.png
Clock5 yrs

So I get to the landing screen and if my smart card is plugged in it displays the ok button and shortly there after terminates.

If I do not have the card installed it prompts me for user name / password and the moment I insert my card it crashes.

I went to advanced settings configured logging, turned on comments. and the only thing I am getting is that I see it starting and then it stops.

Clock5 yrs

Did you look for the log when the smart card is plugged in?

When the app crashes it always create a crash report that you can review with the Console.app under User Diagnostic Reports.

One more place where we can get information is the application log. You can view it by clicking View Application Log... in the Help menu.

May I ask you what kind of hardware/software are you using?
What version of windows are you trying to connect to?

All of this information can help us find what is going on. You can send it directly to me at bsansregret@devolutions.net

Thank you for your feedback

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs