Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

RDM 10.9.7.0 Ping Problem

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I updated RDM from 10.9.0.0 to 10.9.7.0. Since then the ping function sometimes states "No network connection detected" and it doesn't ping. The sessions open fine, but the ping fuction is useless then. I have a network connection for sure, so the error message is missleading.

Directly after starting RDM the ping function works as expected, but after some time the problem shows up. At the moment I can't really reproduce the problem, it just happens from time to time. I don't have internet access from this system (Win7x64) and I don't have admin rights. RDM is started from a network drive.

Maybe you have an idea, where I can have a look if the error shows up the next time?

Kind regards

Clock5 yrs

Hi John,
We tried to reproduce but haven't found a way. Let me know if you find a pattern.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi David,

despite, I observed the behavior multiple times on the first day with 10.9.7.0, I haven't seen it again until now. upset
So maybe we forget it for now and I will keep an eye on it.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused...

Clock5 yrs

No problem I'm sure that we will find the pattern.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I get this error every time for PING Traceroute etc. Never worked once.

Let me know if there are any logs I can look at or if you need more detail.

Using laptop, so tried wifi and wired. In docking station and out. same error.
Windows 7.
RDM v10.6.7.0

Clock5 yrs

Could you post your Windows->Diagnostic results?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

This also happens to me. Sometimes more often than not. I have not noticed a pattern either. However, I can note that if it occurs, it affects all sessions. Not just the one being attempted.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

When this situation occured, could you start the Profiler (Help -> Profiler) and send us the results.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Jean-François Dagenais wrote:

Hi,

When this situation occured, could you start the Profiler (Help -> Profiler) and send us the results.

Best regards,

Its occurring right now. However Help > Support > Profiler doesnt actually seem to do anything. Not a single entry.

Clock5 yrs