Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Problem updating server to 2.5.2 : your login is valid but your user does not have any access for th

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I am trying to upgrade our devolutions server 2.2 to version 2.5.2.

The upgrade process runs fine, everything got updated etc.

However when i restart RDM i can't seem to logon anymore (using AD accounts).

The error i get is 'your login is valid but your user does not have any access for this data source'.

When i revert back to the old version everything works fine again.

Any ideas of what is wrong here, or what/where to look for?

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Could you verify if you have enabled the auto creation of the user. I suspect that your user configured does not have the domain name. Could you verify your user list to see the format

For example it's should be something like this

mydomain\myusername

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I have not enabled auto creation, but all of the users are already created (and can login when i use the devolutions server 2.2)

Clock5 yrs

Were you using the AD authentication with the version 2.2?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Yes, I can login using my AD credentials when i'm on the 2.2 server version. After i upgrade to version to 2.5 i can't login anymore using the same credentials.

Clock5 yrs

Could you verify the username format when you go in File->Adminstration -- Users?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

My username is ITS\khuizer and integrated security (active directory) had been selected when this users (and other users) have been created.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Could you enable the authentication legacy mode?

DVLS

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

DVLS.png
Clock5 yrs

I have enabled that option (after an upgrade of RDM), and upgraded the server to 2.5.2 again, but unfortunatly i still get the same error.

Clock5 yrs

Just for one test. Could you enable the auto create user and verify the username format that will be created?
edited by dhervieux on 7/9/2015

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hmm,
It looks look that after the upgrade to 2.5.2 i can logon using a previously unknown account which then is auto created, but it looks like a non AD account as there is no select user button behind the login name.

When i try to login using my regular account (its\khuizer) i now get a unknown user or password eror.

when i login using an unknown account and without the domain prefix (its\) it looks like a user its.centric.lan\khuizer gets created, but this account also doesn't have the 'select user' button behind the login name field.

Clock5 yrs

What do you mean bu the select user button? Could you post a print screen?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Could you tell me the domain value in the DVLS authentication settings? Is it only "its"?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

What i meant with the select user button is the following.

The users that are domain users have a button behind the login name where you can select a domain account

http://i62.tinypic.com/1w8ea.png

However after the upgrade and then logging in with a (domain) user that is still unknown in RDM a user account is created, but there is no ad account selecting button, so it looks to me like the user account has been created as a non-domain user account.

http://i57.tinypic.com/n2db0l.png

The domain value in DVLS is set to its.centric.lan

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I will verify what could be the problem with the ... button but I think that I know the problem with the version 2.5

Could you try to change you domain in the DVLS setting to "its". The idea is to match with the database user name.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

It looks like that modifying the domain setting to just 'ITS' indeed solved the problem.

(although it shouldn't really matter if the domain is 'its.centric.lan' or 'its', both should work in my opinion, it's still the same domain).

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I'm glad it works. I will add this scenario to our test case. this is more tricky than what it seems since we have to retrieve the user with a where statement. We might have to check for both.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs