Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Swap order of "Domain" and "Password" fields in "Prompt for Credentials" dialog

• Create an Issue

When I go to logon to a computer and ask RDM to prompt me for credentials the dialog box has the 3 fields Username, Domain, and Password. Everywhere else in Windows it's usually Username, then Password, then Domain. I don't know how many times I've accidentally put the password in the Domain field because it's right after the Username field.
Not a huge functional request, but a request all the same. smile

Clock4 yrs

Could you post a print screen of the Prompt for Credential dialog and one of the usual order?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I think he wants the Domain and Password fields to be swapped around(if I'm interpreting him correctly).
CredentialsDialog

//Brandur

CredentialsDialog.JPG
Clock4 yrs

Hi Brandur,
I see what he means bu I need some example showing the domain last. I don't want to change this and get complains for other users. I just want to standardize everything if it's not.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Of course. I understand.
As long as RDM wonderfully auto-fills the fields for me, I don't care in which order they are presented in smile
Well, I'm off to enjoy my weekend(which will contain lots of beers) smile
Enjoy yours when it starts.

//Brandur

Clock4 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi Brandur,
I see what he means bu I need some example showing the domain last. I don't want to change this and get complains for other users. I just want to standardize everything if it's not.

Brandur, you're absolutely right. But when we need to logon as someone else (temporary user logon, logon to a computer as myself instead of the administrator, etc.) it's always throwing us off.
First, in logon screens for any application that requires them the password field almost always immediately follows the username. Then if there is something else to select such as "database" or "domain" that's a third selection.
It's not just decades of conditioning, it makes sense to put in a password immediately after the username.
Here are examples, starting with the most relevant one (MSTSC) that relates to exactly what I'm trying to do in Remote Desktop Manager:

Clock4 yrs

Hi guys,
You've convinced me. Those print screens were exactly what I was looking for. Now I can justify the change to the other users. I will enter a enhancement request for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks, David! Will save those few times I've put my own password in (test computer in our local environment) the domain field and quickly checked over my shoulder to make sure no one saw my password. smile

Clock4 yrs