Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Windows keypass-through doesn't work with combo keys

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

If I hit the Mac command key in a session, RDM Mac sends the Windows key. That's good.

But how do I get Windows-X (for the power user menu in Server 2012/2012R2 and Windows 8.x)?

What about Windows-E for File Explorer?

"Half" a Windows key is more frustrating that no Windows key.

Clock5 yrs

Hi
I will verify with Benoit but I think that I remember something about the Windows key and the shortcut. We will get back to you quickly.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

I verified the list of windows shortcuts (I found them here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/keyboard-shortcuts#keyboard-shortcuts=windows-8).

From that list I found theses one are not working properly:
Win+C
Win+H
Win+K
Win+spacebar
Win+ctrl+spacebar
Win+tab
win+ctrl+tab
Win+shift+tab
Win+V
Win+Shift+V
Win+X
Win+number depend if you have a screen shot shortcut
Win+shift+number depend if you have a screen shot shortcut
Win+/
Win+alt+enter

For most of them there is a conflict between Mac OS and Remote Desktop Manager and in that case the OS always win.

Cmd+c, x, v, a are a special case, we intentionaly intercepted them to make them work as if you were using a Mac to make it easier for people used to work on a Mac. We could add a setting to make people choose if they want to control the clipboard with the Mac shortcuts.

Are you looking only for the shortcuts including the c, x, v, a keys or are you looking for other shortcuts?

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Win-X. This key brings up the "power menu"

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

I just realized that there is a setting to disable the Mac shortcuts for the clipboard (Cmd+c, x, v, a)
if you uncheck this checkbox the Win+x shortcut makes the Power user menu appear

DisableClipboardShortcut

Hope this helps

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

DisableClipboardShortcut.png
Clock5 yrs