Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

.rdm items imported into Mac RDM don't have full fidelity

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I use RDM Windows (in a Parallels VM) as my "production" RDM because RDM Mac client has been so unstable.

But, it's getting better (slowly).

One thing that prevents me from using the Mac client more is the lack of batch edit.

Imported .rdm entries from the Windows client end up in the Mac client with "warn me" set in Connections, Authentication even if you set the global template to not warn you. If you use Remote Desktop Gateway, with self-signed certs, this can result in nearly endless "do you want to connect anyway" messages in RDM Mac.

Either batch edit or an exact, full-fidelity import of exported RDM Windows entries would be very much appreciated.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

I've got a good news for you, Batch Edit is something that is coming really soon. You will be able to try it and see if it helps you work.

As for your import issue, I don't think there should be a difference between your original and new session. I will take a look at this.

Thank you for your feedback

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

I'm currently working on your import issue.

Which version of RDM Windows and Mac are you currently using?

Also, can you provide me with a sample .rdm file exported from your Windows version?
You can send it to : mmorrissette@devolutions.net

Thank you

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

RDM Mac = 2.0.4.0
RDM Windows = 10.5.4.0

Export from Windows sent without credentials.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

I've looked into the file you sent me and I found out that the entries were all set to "warn me". When you import entries no templates are applied to them, it imports exactly what's in the file.

With the latest version of RDM Mac 2.5 Batch Edit and Refactoring are now available.
http://mac.remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download

Thanks

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Thanks, I think.

Since none of the entires in Windows warn me, maybe it's the export that's setting that on?

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

You are probably seeing no warning using windows because the certificate is recognize and valid.
The warning appear on your Mac because for your certificate seems invalid to the Mac.

We need to check with FreeRDP if there is an issue preventing the certificate to be recognize correctly.

Thank you for your feedback

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Mathieu Morrissette wrote:

Hi,

I've looked into the file you sent me and I found out that the entries were all set to "warn me". When you import entries no templates are applied to them, it imports exactly what's in the file.

With the latest version of RDM Mac 2.5 Batch Edit and Refactoring are now available.
http://mac.remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download

Thanks

Batch edit may be available, but after editing all my entries RDM Mac now refuses to connect to any host. All attempts produce "peer connection lost."

Sigh...

2015+05+23+15+37+41

2015-05-23_15-37-41.png
Clock5 yrs

I'm sorry to here that. The Batch Edit is changing each sessions as you change them individually. The difference is that it does it on many entries.

Every settings that is not disabled in the Batch Edit screen will be applied the the entries you are batch editiing.

You should look at one of the session that no longer works and try with settings changed and wasn't supposed to.

Regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I am tired of testing RDM Mac. Simply editing batch sessions should not have caused them to fail.

Clock5 yrs