Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Dashboard Feature

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Would it be possible to show any attachments added to a connection, folder, site, etc in the dashboard?

Clock6 yrs

It's possible if you click the "Show Group/Folder details" It will display the description and the attachment for the selected group instead of the selected session in the group

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

If I use the reset layout button I can see the attachment via the attachment tab. I do have the attachment in the top level and also the show group details/description enabled. I can setup the file which is a word flle as a new entry, session, office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as that will show the file. I wanted to use the attachment feature and keep it in the database which does work. Unless I'm missing a view feature?

11-17-2012 3-13-31 PM.jpg
Clock6 yrs

Hi,
For now if you create an Work entry (not attachment), it's only a link. This will be the next major feature coming soon. This was supposed to be in the v8.0 but was postponed. We want to create a document manager soon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

So this means that this said feature will be available on the next update or still TBA?

Clock6 yrs

This should be in the v8.5

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Also if possible for this specific feature (document manager)... the ability to be able to export attachments per my 11/17/12 forum entry and snapshot.

Clock6 yrs

Do you have the link of your forum entry?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Yes it's http://forum.devolutions.net/forum/topic2270-dashboard-feature.aspx?lastpage=1#post12652
David Hervieux wrote:

Do you have the link of your forum entry?

Clock6 yrs

i would also request a dashboard-feature:

when i make a single-click on a connection-entry i get "Actions" & "Macros/Scripts/Tools"

would be great if we could decide to view/hide these and view/hide description or details or information or logs too

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

I have added a feature request to hide the Macro/Scripts/Tools

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

adding another dashboard-feature-request:

in "Macros/Scripts/Tools"
there should also be a button: execute typing macro
because not everyone knows the shortcut ctrl+alt+a

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

Do you use the v8? The ribbon contains an execute button next to open
edited by dhervieux on 12/6/2012

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

haven't seen becaus ribbon fades out ...

ok, i have to use {WINDOW---} to focus the right app, but it works

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs