Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Migrate existing installation to a new

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Do you have a procedure to migrate an existing installation to a new one?

I mean, I have a RDM server working and we have deployed a new one with a new database. How I can replicate/move my existing data (not datasource) to my new installation?

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

The simplest would be to restore a backup of the first database over the new one. This ensure everything stays as it should.

You could also export the data then import it, but security groups are not handled at this time, therefore they will need to be created manually in the new system.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Maurice,
We recently did a backup of our RDM database from MSSQL 2008R2 using RDM version 8.2 then we recovered to our new RDM server 3.2.1.0 with MSSQL 2014 with client 11.5.4.0 and after the recovery i did a update database in the server settings.

But we are currently seeing odd behavior with some functions. Like the descriptions show up in the edit form and in the column of the navigation pane but does not show up in the Description section of the dash board.

Next issue is that the Logs do not seem to be recording properly or filtering properly per session. Some entries record wrong user or some do not register at all.

Do you have any recommendations. I think we have all the latest patch levels so maybe the backup restore process needs some changes?

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Could you post a print screen of the Overview tab in the Dashboard so that we can see the Description.

What type of Description is not displayed? Text, RTF or URL?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

That is strange. The DB schema has no impact on the content of the sessions since the session's information is in a single field of the database.

For the logs, its highly irregular.

Please contact us at support@devolutions.net to book a remote session, its best to have a good look at this.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs