Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Push credentials from repository to ScreenConnect API to log on to client machine

• Create an Issue

Hi Guys,

Really appreciate all the requests you're pushing through for us and we're almost at what we'd consider a perfect solution.
The last piece in the puzzle for us is to push credentials that are pulled from a repo (like secret server) and take these credentials and push them to the Screen Connect API to log on to the client machine itself.

So to clarify currently this happens:

Double-click a SC session in RDM, RDM authenticates with SS - gets the SC server credentials, RDM auths with the SC server and selects + launches the session, we then enter the local client machine's login manually from screen connect via copy/paste.

Desired outcome:

Double-click a SC session in RDM, RDM authenticates with SS - gets the SC server credentials and the client machine's credentials (likely through another credential selection box allowing the SS secret to be specified separate to the SC server auth credentials), RDM auths with the SC server and selects + launches the session, RDM should pass the client machine's credentials pulled from SS earlier to the SC API (this is where the client machine logs on to the windows/whatever session).

Can you guys engage with ScreenConnect about this, I checked their API documentation but it seems very empty, however it seems like it is quite solid.

Cheers,
Myles

Clock4 yrs

Hello Myles,

Thank you for the suggestion, this indeed sounds like a very good thing to add to our ScreenConnect integration. We will put this on our Todo list. I'll get back to you on it when I can since we will need to contact them.

Regards,
edited by Hubert Mireault on 5/21/2015

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Have you heard anything from the SC guys on this Hubert?

(For reference I have a forum discussion open with them about this: http://forum.screenconnect.com/yaf_postst6611_Remote-Desktop-Manager-integration-for-auto-login.aspx )

Myles
edited by Mutant_Tractor on 6/15/2015
edited by Mutant_Tractor on 6/15/2015

Clock4 yrs

Guys, they finally implemented this into their API!

http://forum.screenconnect.com/yaf_postsm31486_Remote-Desktop-Manager-integration-for-auto-login.aspx#post31486

And a demo: http://help.screenconnect.com/Using_the_ScreenConnect_Helper_menu#Customizing_the_ScreenConnect_Helper

Any chance this could be integrated?

Would be a killer feature!

Clock3 yrs

Hello Myles,

This is great, we'll take a look at it as soon as possible for an integration.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Has there been any traction with this feature ?

Clock3 yrs

Also very interested in this!

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

This is still on our todo list but there have been other priorities. We'll try and work on this when we have more time. Thank you for your interest smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hubert Mireault wrote:

Hello,

This is still on our todo list but there have been other priorities. We'll try and work on this when we have more time. Thank you for your interest smile

Regards,

Hi Hubert,

I would like to keep this thread alive as I am rolling out ScreenConnect to 1000+ computers and this feature would help immensely smile

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

This has been pushed back for the moment due to the release of RDM 12 happening soon. This is still on our todo list and after we have more time, we will get to this feature request. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs