Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Mac Version : Resize ability on Left sidebar

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi .. Let me start by saying I love the Windows version, but the Mac version is still a bit WIP.

One thing that's basic, but really annoying .. the left sidebar's size.

On the Windows version I can resize it from about 1.5 cm upto a size I can handle.
On the Mac version it starts at around 5cm, and can only get upto a bit more ~7cm.

Can you not tweak it to be more like the Windows version ?

Real Estate is an important factor when dealing with remote sessions, and this 5cm > is just too much.

Thanks

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

We understand that real estate is important and that's why we allow you to completely hide the left sidebar by clicking the toggle navigation button in the toolbar or by dragging the edge to the left until it disappear.

Is there a reason why you want to keep the sidebar visible ?
Do you need to be able to stretch it to more than what is now possible?

Thank you for helping us understand what you need

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi .. I don't know about others, but I like the "Navigation" sidebar open at all times.

It helps when I am jumping between a multi-system problem, and I want to open session tabs as I am thinking.
It really aides me to see the systems listed, as sometimes that can jog where you need to go next.

Plus, if you had to unhide & rehide it .. then you're wasting time & also mucking with how RDP displays.

In regards functionality, I just want it to be like the Windows version.
i.e. it can go from around 1cm, to almost the entire width if you wanted.

I just find the current settings kinda "what's the point in letting us resize it", and when you have systems that have only 8 characters for names; a lot of wasted space left over.

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

Thank you for your comments we will try to make the adjustment as soon as possible.

Regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Appreciated. This is why I like this product so much, you guys are willing to hear from the users.
(And it's a QC product, which is another plus)

Clock4 yrs