Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Create Cluster tree RDP

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

it's possible to create a cluster tree using RDP connection.

See the attachement as an exemple.

Create a group folder but to be able to double clic on the Folder Cluster to open a RDP connection. Below you have the two servers nodes. But we would like to open a RDP connection on the cluster name not on node1 or node2 using the virtual name of the cluster.

I hope you understand my resquest!

Thanks

cluster.jpg
Clock4 yrs

Hello,

The Cluster node can be a RDP connection itself, the nodes being sub-connections.

An alternate way would be to have another child to your cluster, but you would use the $COMPUTER_HOST$ to obtain the information from the parent folder

Sub connections prevent the use of Batch edit, so I steer clear of them unless I absolutely must use them. Do you mind having another RDP session below the folder?

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks for your help. Sub connections is the best options for us.

Clock4 yrs

Ok

So create a RDP entry that corresponds to your node.

Use Refactoring - Parent to move the Node1 and Node2 sessions below the node session.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs