Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

Sessions hang with white screen

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Jesper,

I just realized that the Browse button might be a little confusing. You are supposed to select a file name. Il you select a folder that already exists the log won't be created.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It will be fixed on the next release.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Benoît, I'm sorry, but even the latest client v2.5.5.0 hangs with white screens... Let me know what you need to troubleshoot it again.

Clock5 yrs

Hi Jesper,

What you sent us helped us a lot on understanding what is going on and what is causing the white screen.
The bad news is that we have a hard time reproducing it consistently.

We are working our best to find a solution and thank you for your time and effort.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I know you've got a tricky one on your hands and I'll be patient.

If it helps, it seems to relate to line quality/latency. It gets worse in some hotel rooms and on ISPs with more routers between myself and the servers.

Clock5 yrs

Hi Jesper,

I think we found a solution for your issue.
It seems to be related with OpenGL that we were using for the sessions.
In the latest version we released we added options to deactivate OpenGL for a session or for all session with the default setting.

SessionOpenGL

AppOpenGL

You can download it here http://mac.remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download

Best Regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

AppOpenGL.png
SessionOpenGL.png
Clock5 yrs

I just tried it, and it connects WAY faster to the Windows Server 2012 images now. Not sure why, but it seems that it connects quicker through RD Gateway based connections, too.

Anyway, I will let you know in a day or 2 if get (or do NOT get) the white-outs...

Thanks, Benoît!!!

Clock5 yrs

No white screen yet, BUT the initial connection will still fail most times with a "Connecting to host..." Connecting but if I logon as a different user (Administrator), I can see my session (jkehlet) being logged on, so there is still some rendering issue going on. User+logged+on

This is V3, OpenGL turned off.

Connecting.png
User logged on.png
Clock5 yrs

Hi Jesper,

Just to make sure we are talking about the same situation, you are talking about when you connect through a Gateway server right?

If it's the case, can you tell me which version of Windows your Gateway and Remote Computer are running?
Are you using any certificate?
Are you using the same credentials for the Gateway and Remote Computer?

Best Regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Windows Server 2012 R2 for the Gateway and the remote computer both.

Certificate is an SSL certificate issued by GoDaddy - you can browse to https://remote.curogens.com and check it out if you wish.

Yes, I am using the same credentials.

If you need access for troubleshooting, I have no problems setting you up with an account, just let me know.

Clock5 yrs

I'll take your offer.

You can send me the details by email.

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Sorry, Benoît, it is still happening - the RD Gateway stuff is fixed, BUT the initial white screen isn't - and when checking from a different account, it shows that the user is logged on, so there is still a rendering issue going on.

What do you need to troubleshoot?

Clock5 yrs

Hi Jesper,

Sorry to here that you still have the issue. Could you send me a new log file of a session with the issue.
With all the changes that we made I think the content will be different.

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I have emailed you the log file, let me know what you find.

Clock5 yrs

Thank you I'm looking at it right now trying to find what is going on.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

This is still an issue in 3.0.10.0, and **ONLY** with Windows Server 2012, not with Windows Server 2008.

Sometimes a resize of the window (double-click window title bar) fixes it, sometimes not.

Thoughts?

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

Benoit is on vacation and I'm not aware if he made any progress in his investigation.

Could you set up the RDP log, reproduce the issue and then send me the log?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Ok, I got it reproduced when I got to the office today. Is there something about the info in there being sensitive/unsecure, or can I just attach it to this post?

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

I'd recommend you sending it to me through private message.

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Jesper,

I just wanna try to make sure we are on the same page here because I'm a little bit confuse about what is not working.

You currently have a sand boxed session that gives you a white screen.
When you resize that window the white screen disappear and you can use the connection again.

Is this session using a Gateway?
Is OpenGL on?
Are the white screen still happening randomly when you connect or are they appearing after a little bit of time?
Do you have many open sessions when it happens?

Best Regards

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Correct, it's a sandboxed session.

It opens up with just a white screen, if I resize, it renders.

Sessions with or without gateway is doing the same.

It's ONLY for Windows Server 2012, I do not get it for Windows Server 2008.

Open GL is not on.

White screen is not coming back after the resize, it's a first-time connect issue only.

It happens even when it is the only open session.

Clock4 yrs

I'm currently not able to reproduce your issue.

Could you export your session and send it to me that way I will see if i'm missing a setting?
You can do that by Right-clicking your sessions and click Export Selection (.rdm)... under Export.

Best Regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Just sent it via Private Message.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Jesper,

Unfortunately, even with settings really close to yours i'm still not able to reproduce your problem.
I'm trying to look for difference between the first time rendering setup and what the resize might change to it but I'm not finding much right now.

Is it possible for you to setup a remote computer that reproduce the issue that we can access?
If you can just send me the details through a private message.

Best Regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs