Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

License Management / User using Clients

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello RDM Team

We are looking for a solution to also manage all licenses which a company/client has.
Along with the assests on which they are installed.

In RDM we already have the possibility to add Assets with all details like serial number etc.
But nothing for licenses. Is there a way or an addon or could we pogram or sponsor an addon which would add this functuonality?

Also one Asset can only be assigned to one contact at the moment, but it's also possible a PC is used by several users.

Best regards.
Patrick

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

I will let David answer about the multiple contacts for a computer, but you can already manage licenses, its in the data family of entries.

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/dataentry_serial.htm

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Patrick,
I will add a feature request to allow the selection of multiple contacts

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

@David: Thanks!

@Maurice: This is great, but is there a way to add this license to an asset? So we know this PC has the following licenses with the serial key X? Also there should be a way to calculate for a folder: how many Office licenses to we use on all Assets in this folder. So we can check if there are enough licenses.

In the software object, should also be a license count, for example on a terminalserver you could add 10 TS CAL and 10 Office instead of just one. With the number it would also be possible to count it like described above.

Best regards.
Patrick

Clock4 yrs

Hey Maurice

Did you have a chance to check the possibilty of linking licenses to PCs and add a field for license count?
We would also help to create something if it's possible via an add on.

Best regards.
Patrick

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

Feature requests are handled by David, I simply intervened because part of your suggestion corresponded to an existing feature.

I will ask him about this.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
We've just released RDM 10.5 but the License count is not included yet. This should be added soon in a minor update.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi David

Great news! And will it also be possible to Link a License to an asset (PC / Server) ?

Best regards.
Patrick

Clock4 yrs

It's already possible if you create a software data entry as a sub connection.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I see. So we only need a field for the number of licenses in the software-serial Type and a way of counting all licenses in a folder. It would also be clever to change the software (name) field in the software-serial type to a dropdown with the possibility to add new entries. Also a Language field would be good, or should that be defined on the asset? Where would you place the contract and license number of a MS Eopen Contract at the moment?

For one thing a user does not need to type Office over and over again, it also prevents from different spelling like I write Office, my colleague MS Office... Also for the counting of all licenses in a folder it is essential that the name is the same.

I think this is a great chance for RDM to solve a big issue for a lot of IT Admins.
I looked at about 10'different asset management tools the last week and most of them are either way to much (and are prices like that) or are missing the key functions.

-Show all Assets with details
-Show all Licenses used on the assets
-Overall all count of all the licenses (especially needed for MS license checks)

Thanks a lot and if I can help with more details, just let me know.

Best regards.

Clock4 yrs

Hi David

I saw that we now have a license count field in the Software Data Entry, great!

Are the other things also planned in a next release?

-Language
-License Number / E-Open Contract Number
-Dropdown for Software (Name) (Could be also an entry to make the field a dropdown with add function)

Reporting:
-Show all assets with details
-Show all licenses used on the assets (in a folder)
-Overall count of all licenses in a folder

Thanks a lot.
Patrick

Clock4 yrs

Hi Patrick,
I will enter a feature request for that. I'm sure we can add few of it quickly.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs