Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Enable filter ScreenConnect sessions on Group Name

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Guys,

We'd like to be able to filter the ScreenConnect object on Session Group Name, it's part of the Session Manager API from SC.

Ideally, the GetSessionGroups call would be used to pull back the list of Session Groups and these would then be user select-able in RDM (the same way the full list of sessions is available at the moment):

http://help.screenconnect.com/Session_Manager_API_Reference#GetSessionGroups.28.29

Then this could be used to pull back a list of available sessions within that group with GetSessions (so this would bring up the same select session window that RDM current does when it finds multiple matches for SC filters):

http://help.screenconnect.com/Session_Manager_API_Reference#GetSessions.28sessionGroupName.2C_variables.2C_additionalFilter.29

Thanks,

Myles

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I have entered a enhancement request for that.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Bump?

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
We need an update from ScreenConnect but this is still on our todo list

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Great thanks David.

Myles

Clock4 yrs

Hello Myles,

To keep the subject updated: we're waiting for the update on the ScreenConnect extension to be approved and until then we can't push the change on the next beta version of RDM.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Great thanks Hubert!

Clock4 yrs

Another update: we're currently trying to schedule a call with the ScreenConnect team to hopefully expedite the approval process of the extension.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Good news! The RDM ScreenConnect extension version 1.4 should now be available on the ScreenConnect extension browser. I recommend updating to this version as soon as possible.

The filtering by group will be available in the next beta version of RDM. You will be able to specify a group when checking the "always ask for session name" or "use session name as filter" boxes.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

That's great news thanks Hubert, looking forward to it!

Myles

Clock4 yrs

Hi Hubert,

This doesn't seem to be in 10.9.1.0?

Is that correct?

Myles

Clock4 yrs

Hello Myles,

Sorry about the confusion, version 10.9.2.0 should be available right now which includes the changes for the group filtering.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Hubert,

Have tested this, it works great, however, broken when using "My Personal Credentials".

It requests server name, username and password, even if server name is populated (obviously my personal credentials makes username and password unset-able).

Also, is it possible to have RDM launch multiple SC sessions from the one group window - like if I Ctrl+Click 2 sessions and click host, can it launch both of those for me - i've tested and seem to only be able have one launch.

Myles

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

There is currently an issue with credentials in 10.9.2.0 which will be fixed in the next version, which will solve your personal credentials issue.

As for opening multiple screenconnect sessions, this is not currently supported but it shouldn't be too difficult to add. We will add this to our todo list.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Great thanks!

Clock4 yrs

Tested, working now in 10.9.3.0 as expected, thanks Hubert.

Clock4 yrs

Thank you for the feedback, Myles.

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hubert Mireault wrote:

Good news! The RDM ScreenConnect extension version 1.4 should now be available on the ScreenConnect extension browser. I recommend updating to this version as soon as possible.

The filtering by group will be available in the next beta version of RDM. You will be able to specify a group when checking the "always ask for session name" or "use session name as filter" boxes.

Regards,

Hello Hubert,

We have several credential sets per session.
Our sessions are created under groups (one group per customer, let say).

For example, say we have:
GroupA/SessionA
GroupB/SessionB

I want to be able to open SessionA with UserA1 as well as with UserA2.
Same for SessionB, open it with UserB1 or UserB2.

I searched your documentation/forum the best way to do it.

I tried creating credentials entries (of type User/Password) under the Groups.
eg: UserA1Cred under GroupA, UserA2Cred under GroupA, UserB1Cred under GroupB, UserB2Cred under GroupB...

Then in my SessionA, I set Credentials="Credential Repository" and set "Prompt on connection".

In this case, I get prompted but all credentials are listed... I just wanted to get a list with UserA1Cred and UserA2Cred.
I then clicked on the "..." button and thought I would choose the parent group of the UserA1Cred but this interface does not allow to select a parent node in the credential list. Only a leaf (credential entry) can be selected.

Is there a way to achieve this with Credentials entries of type User/Password ?
Is there a better way to do it which I didn't find ?

If not, wouldn't it be a good idea to allow to select a parent node in the credential list to filter the credential list ?

Best regards,

Pierre

Clock3 yrs

I searched further and found the way to do it.

In the session, select the Credentials type "Credential repository" and "--- Prompt on connection ---".
Under the "--- Prompt on connection ---" appears a All "hyperlink".

I then simply had to click this hyperlink to select the group from which the credentials were looked up.

I my previous screenshot, I took "Production\Dublin\Demo EMEA" as the root for Credentials lookup.

Is there a way to have a "--- Prompt on connection (under Current Group) ---" ?
Or have the current group automatically set instead of "All" when "--- Prompt on connection ---" is choosen ?
This would allow this to be set in a template.

Best regards,

Clock3 yrs

Hello Pierre,

This would be an interesting feature to have for sure, we'll add it to our todo list. We'll have to check how to integrate it correctly with our architecture but it shouldn't be too bad; we have a few ideas how we could do it.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs