Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Reports enhancement requests

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello - the reports are incredibly valuable, especially in our environment (healthcare hosting) for audit and compliance. There are a few things I think would be very useful to add to the reporting capabilities.

• Security Group report - Export function to XLSX or CSV
  • Usage Log - when checking the 'Group/folder' to get usage on a specific folder, expand the width to allow readability of the full group/folder path (currently our folder structure is verbose for clarity, and when doing a report I only see the first few characters of the path - and thus can't use this very good feature)
  • Usage Log - after running the report, having an export feature to XLSX or CSV would be great - also the speed of export (in our environment) to a text file is painfully slow so making this an efficient operation would be great

thanks!!

Jason

Clock4 yrs

Hi Jason,
I have entered 3 enhancement requests. We really appreciate this kind of feedback

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello Jason,

For the security group report, you asked for a way to export to XLSX or CSV format. Currently, when you right click one of the lists, you should get a context menu with multiple export options, including XLS format and CSV format. If this is different than what you requested, could you give a more detailed explanation?

Regarding the Group/folder issue with the usage log report, could you try the latest version of RDM (10.5.2.0) and see if you have the same problem? I can't reproduce it on my end, each column is as wide as its longest content, no matter the column.

As for the third point, an export feature is definitely possible to do, it could export to the other formats we support (HTML, XLS, CSV, XML).
Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello Hubert,

Right click on any list item of the security group report to export - awesome, works great!

As for the group/folder issue on usage log report - I am using 10.5.2.0 and have the same problem - I will attach a screen shot so you can see what I mean. If I can't figure out how to attach a screen shot how can I send this to you?

On the 3rd point - great to hear, would love to see that kind of function so I can quickly run a report and send it over to our security group.

Thank you for the response!!

-jason
edited by jasonbowne on 4/9/2015

2015-04-09_8-47-50.png
Clock4 yrs

Hello Jason,

Thank you for the screenshot. Next version of RDM should include these changes:

- The combobox for the group will stretch when opened to allow viewing of the groups
- There will be an "export" button when the report is open, which will allow you to export to CSV, HTML, XLS or XML.

I hope these changes will help your issues.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs