Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Ability to ignore windows+key combinations for RDP

• Create an Issue

Currently in the RDP "Local Resources" tab there is an option for keyboard windows key combinations.
Right now the options are "on the local computer", "on the remote computer", or "in full screen mode only"

Given the new heavy handed method Microsoft is taking in the new Windows Server 2012 they are really pushing the keyboard as a mouse alternative for a lot of navigation decisions with in the UI. It would be very cool if RDM had a method to allow certain windows key combinations in the RDP session, while allowing other windows key combinations within the host OS.

The easiest thing to do would be to implement an input box allowing for users to type in the exact windows key combinations they would want to pass through (or not pass through . There would then be a radio box or something that functioned such that combinations typed into the input box were either being ignored by the RDP session (so every windows combinations except the ones inputted would be passed through), or only the combinations typed into the input box were being passed through (so every other windows combination was being interrupted by the host OS)

For example, if I wanted every windows key combination to be interrupted by the host OS, except
(Win+R, Win+X)
I would type those two combinations into the input box. I would then say that only those two combinations would be passed through the RDP session. Everything else would still work as normal on the host OS, IE, Alt+Tab, Win+Esc, etc

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
This is an interesting request but I'm not sure we will be able to do that. We rely on the Microsoft ActiveX and it all the keypress are managed by it. I will see what I can do after the 8.0 release.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Will this version 8.0 be released soon?

Clock7 yrs

Yes it is:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs