Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

connection short-cuts

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi... wink

Today I did some test with the desktop shortcuts / commandline arguments....
For me it's seems, that the shortcuts only work, if RDM is closed, but my RDM is always open and i would like to work with these shortcuts. Is there any chance to do so? Probably you could register a new protocoll like RDM: (like e.g. callto:, mailto: etc..)

Clock7 yrs

+1 to this kind of feature.

Clock7 yrs

david, you cann't ignore my post :P

Clock7 yrs

Sorry I missed to answer but did a fix for that. Have you tried the final release?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I've tried the final and it still seems not to work...
From the RDM Logfile: [12.11.2012 17:05:08]DEBUG Another instance found, opening with parameters

I've also another problem with the final, its impossible to finish the the setup. the processbar hangs close to the end. It only proceeds if i kill the msi-process.

Clock7 yrs

I suspect that it takes a long time to finish to process because it processing the .NET assembly for pre-jitting. Do you have the same behavior with the installer?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

For the problem, is it possible that one instance is running as Administrator and not the other one (shortcut)?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

referring the link: i'm not able to get it working (either on win8, win7 or win2k3-terminal) doesn't matter if i run RDM and/or the shortcut as Admin or not... referring the installation thing: i've used the installer (.exe) not the msi-file...

Clock7 yrs

Could you try the latest zip (same version number but different build). You will have a debug in the log to verify if the client receive the open request.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

the running instance pops up, but there is only one entry in the log (loglevel 10): [13.11.2012 15:57:47]DEBUG Another instance found, opening with parameters

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I'm still unable to reproduce it but I've found some bugs. This version has some fixes:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.8.0.1.0a.zip

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

i'm sorry david, but i'm still unable to get it working...

Clock6 yrs

That's ok. Andre has been able to reproduce something similar and he has made a fix. Could you try this version?

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.8.0.2.0.zip

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

thank you david, its working now. but it seems, that the focus is wrong if i've checked promt for comment, the textfield is not focused

Clock6 yrs

I'm unable to reproduce it. I will ask andre on Monday. Do you know where the focus seems to be?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs