Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Pinnable session pane

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Just discovered this jewel but did I miss something but session pane is either there or completely hidden?
I really wanted something what mRemote has, that is pinnable session pane. (like you have in Visual Studio for example), hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
I know what you mean, I will eventually add an auto hide feature, but this is not for the version 5.6, maybe the next after.

Thank you for your comment

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

Hi,
I know what you mean, I will eventually add an auto hide feature, but this is not for the version 5.6, maybe the next after.

Thank you for your comment

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

I'm trying to figure out how to use current version of DesktopManager without wasting precious real estate on screen and can not figure it out. I have to choose a session to connect to and then use remote desktop upon connection on the same screen, how is it possible to do in current version?

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
I', not sure I understand what you want, but you can open the remote desktop connection directly in Remote Desktop Manager with the option Open embedded, This option is available in the session cofiguration.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

Hi,
I', not sure I understand what you want, but you can open the remote desktop connection directly in Remote Desktop Manager with the option Open embedded, This option is available in the session cofiguration.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

I want all open sessions to be embedded and have a tab page where I can switch between them (you already have it). But I want to launch those sessions without wasting any real estate on screen. (like hidable sessions pane or something else lke search bar where I can type name of session).
Both mRemote and RoyalTS has it and I expected to have this functionality from DesktopManager as well since it's much more advanced compared to both other products. Right now a big portion of my screen is wasted since I have to have Session pane open in order to be able to be able to connect.
<em>edited by artisticcheese on 8/30/2009</em>

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
I understand and it's a good idea, I also understand why your were talking of ajax in your previous post. I will try to add this, maybe not in the 5.6 (already in beta) but in the next one for sure.

Thank you for the clarification.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

I'm not sure if feature requests are up for a vote (which I think would be an AWESOME idea BTW), but there's 2 votes in my office for this feature.

I know you said you'll work on it for the next version, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents smile
<em>edited by jskuby on 9/15/2009</em>

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
I already have done a prototype (including auto hide taskbar), but It's not finished yet. It's work fine but I must redesign the UI a little bit. It will be available soon, don't worry smile

Thank you for your comments.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

David,

It's great to hear you've already got a working prototype, can't wait to see the end result!

Thanks

Clock10 yrs

Any updates on this? Really looking forward for this feature to move from mRemote.

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
It's on the top of my list, but it will not be in the version 5.7. This version is focused on RDP 7 and it will be available soon.

Have a nice day.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

Hi,
It's on the top of my list, but it will not be in the version 5.7. This version is focused on RDP 7 and it will be available soon.

Have a nice day.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

Sorry to bump an old thread but did this ever get implemented? It's the one thing stopping me from switching from mRemote...

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
This will be implemented for the next major update (we hope). We got a problem with the component and we were unable to find a good third party. We want to be able to port our code to Mac and Linux and they don't support that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Good to hear it's still in the pipeline, but I'll have to revert to mRemote until it's in (using a widescreen monitor with windows snapped to either edge, so I need as much horizontal space as possible). Do you have an ETA on this version at all?

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I suggest you something in the meantime, in the menu View, hide the session list. After that, to get the list, focus the filter textbox and type some text. The window will popup.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs