Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Asking for AD credentials to unlock RDM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
we have the following situation:
RDM is started on a remotesupport-Terminalserver. Every technician is logged in as "Administrator" in this Server, the Server is not part of the production domain.
Therefore RDM has to be startet with "runas" prod.Domain-User and connects to a SQL Server in prod.Domain with "Integrated security".
But if a TerminalServer session is taken over by a colleague (possible because everyone uses Administrator-Account and password) the colleague can use RDM as a foreign user.
If you could impement a feature, that would lock RDM after x minutes and asking for the Password of the user who originally started RDM it would not be possible to use RDM within foreign user context.
This feature must be set global, for all RDM users als clients.
And it would be really nice if RDM can recognize a Termial Session disconnect or a session take over and so will also do a RDM application lock.
It woudl be nice to hear from you about that!

regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

Clock7 yrs

I am about to use Terminalserver for some job, but I guess this would be a great feature to be added with it.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Just to be sure I understand. I will have to validate the user with the AD?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi David,
yes the first thing is so validate the user with AD. The second thing is to store the password settings in the datasource as a akind password policy for all connected clients.
regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

Clock7 yrs

I have added a feature request

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hey David,

is there any Update on this ?