Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Credential Management

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm not too sure if this is the correct place to put this.
I was hoping you guys could help me out with an issue I'm having with RDM.
At the moment, we are trying to get rid of our old credential and information store which is currently situated in
an excel document. Which as time goes by creates more problems than it solves..
We have put the which ever information into RDM and found that it was going to be a much neater alternative to
excel, however if you make a mistake, and say accidentally overwrite a clients details (thinking it was someone else's)
and wiped out all information for that particular client there is no way of recovering the data you have just overwritten, shy of going back through the company backups
and pulling the files out.. Fortunately we still had backups of the data in Excel, but I was wondering if
anyone could think of a way we could protect against this sort of user error in the future so that we wont require both RDM and Excel to
provide a fully redundant Client Cataloguing solution. Maybe we're going about it completely the wrong way.

Any input would be great.

Cheers,

Will

Clock7 yrs

You have the perfect timing. We have added this in the current RDM beta version 8.0. With a SQL server Data source, you can now view the deleted items and compare all the modification made to other. It's already in Password Vault Manager 4.0. You can see the screen shot here:

http://passwordvaultmanager.com/passwordvaultmanager/Images/screenshots/pvm/Compare.png

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

This is new alright. Thanks a lot. I will try it out real soon.

Clock7 yrs