Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Real VNC Viewer Plus - AMT KVM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,
would it be possible to implement the "AMT KVM"-Connection Mode of Real VNC Viewer Plus? It would be great to use Remote Desktop Manager to connect to my vPro PCs.
I searched a little bit on the Homepage of Real VNC and found a description in the documentation.
The syntax from command line is: C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNCViewerPlus\vncviewerplus.exe -uri kvm://adminusr:Pa55w0rd!@amt.acme.org
and can be extended by different options: C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNCViewerPlus\vncviewerplus.exe -uri kvm://adminusr:Pa55w0rd!@amt.acme.org/?AmtUseFQDN=false&AmtRequireConsent=false
I checked this and it works great.

Thank you
Sebastian

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
thank you very much for this information. It's very interesting. Could you try to setup a command line session in the meantime to confirm that it work for you in RDM?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I setup a command line session with: "C:\Program Files (x86)\RealVNC\VNCViewerPlus\vncviewerplus.exe" -uri kvm://$USERNAME$:$PASSWORD$@$HOST$
Only the "default working directory" option is checked.
Except from an issue with the password, the connection opens in an external window.

If I replace $PASSWORD$ with the password it works and with the variable I get a message "wrong password" from Real VNC.
I think that the problem is a percent sign in my password.

Clock7 yrs

Thank you very much. Could very in Process Explorer what password is passed?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Thank you for the hint with the process explorer. I then found out, that I did not set the option to enable the variable $PASSWORD$.
I haven't used a command line session before and so it was new for me.
After that, the password is no problem any more.

Clock7 yrs