Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Powershell Script on Disconnect

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi

I'm starting to play around with the powershell functionality and setup scripts to connect into an Office 365 / Exchange 2013 environment to save me remembering the commands.

Once I've finished Microsoft recommend that i type 'Remove-PSSession $Session' to disconnect the session. There is an option under 'session>events>before disconnect' it doesn't seem to support powershall commands.

Could the option to run a powershell script and/or powershell embedded script onto this page? by adding powereshell to the drop down box which currently consists of 'command line, script, message prompt, none'. Or a simple way of doing it would be to allow the running of a keypress macro that has been defined as a macro/tool/script.

Regards
Adam

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I will add this to our short term todo list. You have a good point

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello Adam,

With the next beta version (10.5.6.0), you will be able to specify a Macro/Script/Tool to run during the events. This will enable you to use powershell commands before you disconnect the session, among other things. This new beta build will probably be available next week. When it is up, could you give it a try and see if it works as intended?

Thank you,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Yup Sure - will wait for the beta release

Clock4 yrs

Hello Adam,

The download should be available here: http://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download#beta
The latest version is version 10.5.6.0, which has this new feature. If something doesn't work as intended, be sure to tell us so we can fix it.

Regards,
edited by Hubert Mireault on 4/30/2015

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks for adding it.

I notice that when running a powershell script as a before disconnect task it launches in a new window. The 'Remove-PSSession $Session' command I'm trying to run needs to be ran in the powered powershell session its self.

Would it be better to do this as a typing macro?

Clock4 yrs

I think that you will need to use a typing macro.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs