Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Terminal colour scheme and "after login commands"

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi all.

As I've said in another post, I'm trying to convince some of my coworkers to "migrate" from MobaXterm to RDM. One of the reasons they give to stay in MobaXterm is the Terminal colour scheme.

Last days I've been playing with different combinations in Putty to get similar font and colour scheme than default MobaXterm, but I don't see similar options in RDM; yes, I can change font and basic colours, but playing with Putty "ANSI colours", even assigning Custom colours and Hue/Sat/Lum options, and with Appearance and ClearType/Antialiased/Non-Antialiased, I've got identical Terminal scheme than MobaXterm... but only using Putty upset

Is there any option that I've not seen to configure a more granular (something like Putty) default color scheme for Terminal?

Also, in many sessions they are using something like RDM "after login commands" for Putty to login and execute a command automatically.
I'd like to use something similar but with RDM Terminal (SSH Shell / Telnet), so we don't have to use external application configurations (Putty). How I may configure RDM to do it?

Or, perhaps, this two options would be a feature request... smile

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Hector Garcia

Clock4 yrs

Hi.

These are 2 captures of Putty configuration to show the options I've been playing with to modify the font used and colour scheme to get similar MobaXterm terminal defaults. May be we can get something similar in SSH/Telnet Terminal colours option?
Putty Options Font
Putty Options Colours

When I change colour options for SSH/Telnet Terminal (in RDM global Options config) or directly in the Terminal session config, it is like I'm modifiying different colours, something like "Default colours" in Putty, overwriten terminal ANSI colours, so when I configure the session using Putty (or my coworkers use MobaXterm), it displays ANSI colours I've defined, but if I configure the session to use built-in SSH Shell and change Terminal tab colour configuration, it displays only that colours.
Perhaps, better with another 4 captures to see the difference.
Using Putty:
Putty Session Colours
Same but using RDM Terminal default Terminal Colour:
RDM Session Default Colours
Same but using RDM Terminal with Preset colours:
RDM Session Colours

Another one using Putty:
Putty Session Colours2
Same but using RDM Terminal default Terminal Colour:
RDM Session Default Colours2
Same but using RDM Terminal with Preset colours:
RDM Session Colours2

As you can see, with default Terminal Colour in RDM, it displays all remote terminal colours, but some of them are... well, they strain your eyes if yo need to work with terminals too much time. But if I use the Preset option and configure colours, then those colours overwrite all original terminal colours.
Also, when I choose ClearType option in Putty, it shows better font than in RDM Terminal.

Is there any option in RDM to change Terminal (SSH/Telnet) colour configuration in this way?
Assuming that not exist, can you add it, please?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Hector Garcia

Putty_Session_Colours.jpg
Putty_Session_Colours2.jpg
RDM_Session_Colours.jpg
RDM_Session_Colours2.jpg
RDM_Session_Default_Colours.jpg
RDM_Session_Default_Colours2.jpg
Putty_Options_Colours.jpg
Putty_Options_Font.jpg
Clock4 yrs

Hello Hector,

Sadly, the third party we use doesn't support as many options as the actual PuTTY terminal. This includes the ANSI colors. The color options you saw are the only we can provide for now.

On the other hand, we're working on our own terminal emulation control which is loosely based on PuTTY, so it will have most features PuTTY has (and if it doesn't, we can always add them)! We don't have any estimated release date for this terminal control but it's in the works.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I'm looking forward to the arrival of the "new Terminal" :-)

Clock4 yrs

I'm looking forward too wink any progress to report?

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

This is currently available in the latest beta version of RDM. You can download it here: http://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download#beta

The terminal's colors can be changed in File -> Options -> Types -> Terminal -> Colors
I hope this will resolve your issue. If you have any requests for the new terminal, be sure to create a new thread.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs