Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - SDK

Java Web Start NOT Compiling

Hello,

I am new to C# as I work on vb.net. To learn to develop for RDM, I thought to dwonload a sample. When I downloaded the Java Web Start Sample, and pasted the dll that comes with it, I was able to see the Java Web Start in the Remote Desktop Manager.

But, when I opened the csproj file and compiled it myself, and pasted the dll, it was not showing up.

Also when I tried to download the notepad addOn, I compiled it and it also did not work. I am using C# 2010 Express.

Please let me know how to start developing as I really am in need to develop something to manage my Network.

Thanks in Advance,

Videep

Clock6 yrs

Could you tell me what compiling error do you received?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

There is No compile error, the dll is created, but does not show up in the Remote Desktop Manager when we add a new session in the "Other" tab.
I have attached a file as a reference. in my earlier post.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
It's written in your title that the your were unable to compile the dll.

Also, I don't see your attachment in your previous post. Where have you deployed the dll exactly? Is it in the application folder? By the way, I have just uploaded the latest version of the source code. Perhaps you could give it a try.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David,

I have windows 7 x64, c# Express 2010.
I opened your new project, build a solution using C#. When I paste the new dll file in the application folder, I am not able to see the JWS:
I have attached the dll file and the image.
Also, is it possible to get a documentation of the steps I need to follow using C# Express or VB.NET?
I dont get a "Start Action" etc options in Express.

Thanks for your reply!!!

RDM_JWS.jpg
Clock6 yrs

David,

It will indeed be a great help if there is a HOW TO section for beginners in the SDK documentation, which would explain to start off with a BLANK Project!!!

What here I am trying to do is to make multiple sessions automatically, which confuses me if I have to make Application Tool or which Tool(can you tell me which tool will help me to accomplish my task?)

Thank You for your reply.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Have you taken a look at this tutorial:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Home/NotepadAddOnTutorial

I don't think that's possible to open multiple session at the same time. Our SDK does not support that. It's really to integrate new connection types or tools.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs