Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Have to force quit in order to close application

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi there;

Hopefully, this will make sense and someone will be able to help.

I'm using RDM (Mac) to access some client computers in remote locations.

I tend to be security conscious, so any of the machines that I connect to are set to lock after nn minutes (nn=period). I have also password protected RDM on my Mac to prevent the possibility of unauthorized access. I also have the Security Setting set to "Lock application when idle" and that is set for 15 minutes.

So, here's the problem.

I open RDM, enter my password, access my client machine (Client A) and log in to Client A (Windows User - manual entry). I'm working happily away, say for an hour or so, and then I get up to take a break.

After the requesite period, Client A locks and when I wish to access it again I have to enter my Windows Password - No problem getting this done. If I now want to access a different machine through the RDM interface, I find that it too is locked, as prescribed by me in the settings and I have to re-enter my password. This too is expected.

Here's the twist. When I enter my password, it indicates that I have entered the password incorrectly and presents me with another dialogue, at the top of the RDM UI to re-enter the password. No matter how many times I try, and I know that I'm using the correct password, I cannot get in to the 'control panel' to access any of the client connections that I have recorded/saved.

What's more, in order to close the program so that I can restart from scratch, I have to go through the Force Quit... of OSX because the "Quit" from RDM is no longer available. In fact, there are quite a few items that are not available, not that any come to mind right now.

I will try and remember to snap some images for showing if this cannot be replicated.

Looking forward to hearing back from you to see if I'm missing something here.

Thanks,

Berold.

Clock5 yrs

HI Berold,

Thank you for your detailed explanation. We will look into this as soon as possible.

When you say that the quit from RDM is not available, do you mean the Quit menu or you mean every mean of quitting (the context menu on the dock icon, the red button in the upper left corner, the CMD+q shortcut)?

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hello Benoit,

Thank you for your quick reply.

What I mean is that there is no way for me to quit other than using the Apple "Force Quit" option.

I have a PDF with all the items that are not available which I can send to you.

Thanks,

Berold

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

You can send it to me at bsansregret@devolutions.net

Regards

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi Berold,

I have made a few tests to reproduce your issue and I think I found what is going on.

From the screen shot you sent me I would guess that the first password you enter is correct. The second dialog you see is for your datasource password.

The UI is confusing and we will work on that to make it clearer.
Also, for the menu when the application is locked the menu is meant to be mostly locked but I understand that locking the quit option is a little bit strange and we will fix that

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

We just released a new version that should make the login dialogs clearer and the menu to quit the application will now be available even when the app is locked.
You can download it here http://mac.remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download

Regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs