Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Question: 10.1.8 change to templates?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Morning.

I upgraded to version 10.1.8 last night. No issues.

This morning, I used a template to build a new location. I received a new prompt, requesting for a new group name. So I enter the group name and it deploys.

In the previous version, the template would populate in the folder with same name as the template, simply called Template Builder. I would go into the group/folder properties, update the name under general, and also populate the custom fields under Information, with the subnet ($SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD1$) and location # ($SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD2$). These custom fields are used to populate the child sessions.

Since the upgrade, even though the group name was entered in the dialog box, the group/folder name hasn't changed, still showing template builder. Moreover, while populating the subnet field ($SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD1$) and location number ($SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD2$), $SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD1$ is seen for a child sessions, the location number ($SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD2$) does not.

I attached an example of how I use the variables.

Thoughts?2015+02+05+9+44+18

2015-02-05_9-44-18.jpg
Clock5 yrs

Hello,

Regarding the part where the location number custom field ($SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD2$) is not seen, could you try holding Ctrl and pressing the refresh button (or pressing F5) to see if it works? It might just be the interface not refreshing, but still taking it into account.

As for the new group name not being taken into account, I can reproduce the problem and I will work on a fix for it. I'll keep you updated.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Yes...pressing Ctrl-F5 does populate the missing entry. I've tried to build a couple more. Some don't require the refresh, some do.

Clock5 yrs

I can confirm that the fix for the group name not being set will be fixed in the next version of RDM. As for the refresh problem, we'll see what we can do.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Thanks.

Clock5 yrs