Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add ons improvment

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

We have some computer where we use RDM, we install it and have to use it randomly so if i update a version or install RDM, i have to install the add-ons .

The problem we have to do that one by one, a suggestion is to have the possibility to thick the add ons we need, and then download it all in once.

Thanks

Olivier

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I will enter a feature request for that. It's a good idea.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I will enter a feature request for that. It's a good idea.

Hello I had to install today 3 PC with rdm and i was thinking at this request.

Do you have any idea when this will be possible because this will be a big time saver

A little button import all in a check box wink

Regards

Olivier

Clock4 yrs

I don't have a time frame for now.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello David,

I contact you for this subject, we take now the the global licence for 3 years and this subject is recurrent and feedback from our develloper and support teams.

Is it possible to optimize the import function with a solution where you can import all add-ons also the add-ons who a update is ready please.

Regards

Olivier

Clock3 yrs

Do you mean in background and automatically?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

For the first installation will be good if we can select all or the one you need (multiple selection in check box) and all add-ons are update in one time.

For the add-ons update, yes if you can give the list the add-ons who have to be update, so the user have only to agree as the first installation.

If you can do in background yes will be great but doesn't matter, we notice the most of time the user have problem using RDM because the add-ons is not installed and the most of time is when is hurry time, so the bet is to purpose multiple choice or all and install all in one time

Thanks regards

Olivier

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I think that RDM could simply download the missing add-on on first run. This would be much easier than modifying the installer.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello David,

I think the best is that RDM load the add-ons automatly even for the update do the same, you need to a user friendly RDM as RDM for the connection.

But please not admin right to install the add-ons keep this is the mind.

Hope this feature is in a coming version soon.

Regards

Olivier

Clock3 yrs