Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Show RDP session fullscreen + local taskbar

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Would it be possible to make a feature to show the RDP session fullscreen, but in a sort of windowed mode so the local machine's taskbar is still visible? As far as I know currently the only options are:
- Tabbed
- Fullscreen (really fullscreen)
- Windowed

It would be nice to have a fourth option where you can see the RDP session in a maximized-window, basically like any Windows app does. So you make it fullscreen/maximized but you can still see your local taskbar and switch apps easily.

I know visionapp Remote Desktop 1.5 (which I currently use) has this feature, but as far as I know Remote Desktop Manager doesn't.

Regards,
Ruud van Strijp

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
It's interesting. Could you send me a print screen just to be sure? Send it to Support at devolutions.net please

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I think the problem is that the desktop resolution of an RDP session can't be changed once connected (correct me if I'm wrong). You can achieve what you want manually by specifying the resolution of the RDP session on the Display tab. Set it very close to your monitor's resolution minus the height of your taskbar and the width of your window borders. For instance, my native resolution is 1920x1200 and I can get a "maximized" window if I specify a resolution of 1905x1120 for the RDP session (based on Windows 8's taskbar height and window borders). Alternatively, If you don't mind some loss of sharpness you can also set the resolution to Fullscreen and enable 'Smart sizing' scaling.

I think visionapp may simply be calculating the resolution for you programmatically when connecting. It would be a nice feature to have especially if you switch between computers with different resolutions like I do.
edited by _RNK_ on 9/19/2012
<em>edited by _RNK_ on 9/19/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

You right that I could add this and calculate the space.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs