Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

ScreenConnect choose session name?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When I create a ScreenConnect connection, I would like to be able to have it Always ask for a session name but let me type one in (I can set one to a non-existent unattended session name and it works the way I want but I'd like to specify at launch of the connection), specifically to start a Host session, and it would be quite handy to let me pick a session type (listed/code/email) along with the session name (or email address for the emailed session) rather than having to preconfigure all these values. When using for remote support, this would let me launch my ScreenConnect session, select the session type and enter the code or email address (as I can from the ScreenConnect web interface now) and join the session waiting for the end-user to connect.
Additionally, when I try to just have an Embedded web browser (IE or Firefox both tried) open the Host page to complete the above directly within the ScreenConnect interface, I can't create and launch a session. IE fails to open the popup/popover window that lets me choose a session type/code when I click Create Session. Firefox lets me do that but once the session is created, it won't join (the ClickOnce Microsoft extension is required, which is installed in Firefox proper but perhaps not the embedded tabbed version). These are just the embedded versions, if I have it open in an External browser the system works fine. This isn't hugly urgent due to these workarounds but it would be helpful to adjust for one of these two features (preferably the above where I can use the ScreenConnect session type a bit more flexibly).
Thanks!

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
André will be back from vacation on Tuesday next week. I already have assigned this thread to him. He will be able to answer you.

Thank yuo

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Any update on this type of feature?

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
This feature has been implement in the beta version.
Please feel free of giving us any feedback.
Regards

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

This was working great! But, I upgraded ScreenConnect to stable version 3.0.3728.4701 (released Nov. 14th) and now I can't connect. RDM just sits there ignoring me when I try to open an RDM Host session (one that's supposed to prompt me for a session name each time). Is this a known issue with the new version? I upgraded RDM to 8.0.5.0 and it doesn't help. Connecting from Internet Explorer works fine. Version 3 of ScreenConnect adds meetings as well and significant other features, I assume some of these changes broke the connection type?

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
The new RDM version 8.0.7.0 contains enhancements for ScreenConnect V3.
It is now compatible with both version but it is optimised for the V3.
Please give us some feedback regarding your issue.
Regards

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

The newer versions seem to support the most recent ScreenConnect well, thanks! I would like to see more in the way of defaults (especially for session type, I always prefer to specify the session name as the code and not make it published) but it does work!

Clock6 yrs