Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RFE that may already exist...but RTFM Failed

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

1) when I have several session open embedded, I would like to have a hot key that will rotate through those sessions without having to click on each one. This may exist, but I am not finding the answer.

2) Session keep alive. We have machines hosted by an external vendor, they screen lock if you blink. It would be great if I could configure a keep-alive for a session such that it would think that I am actually working on that specific session.

Thanks
Lance

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
By rotating do you mean switching on every windows by interval? This is not implemented yet. For the other issue, I've already tried to setup a keep alive without any success. I will see what I can do.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
By rotating do you mean switching on every windows by interval? This is not implemented yet. For the other issue, I've already tried to setup a keep alive without any success. I will see what I can do.

Not by interval, by "hot key"...a key or combination of keys that would essentially move to the next session. Like Alt Tab does for windows.

Lance

Clock7 yrs

Ok,
this is already implemented in RDM 8 (we are working on it right now) but it won't be available until October.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Perfect...thanks much.

Clock7 yrs

OK...I am working with the most recent version of RDM 8, but have not figured out to "tab" through the sessions. I have been through the manual, but haven't found it there either.

Also, in RDM 8, tab strip overflow is no longer working, but if I use the RDM 7 UI option, tab strip overflow works like it used to work.

Thanks Much
Lance

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This feature was canceled because of the shortcut issue. The RDP session is catching the shortcut key and I can't add it.

The new UI framework is different unfortunately and the overflow is not possible.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
This feature was canceled because of the shortcut issue. The RDP session is catching the shortcut key and I can't add it.

The new UI framework is different unfortunately and the overflow is not possible.

Will the overflow make a return visit? Otherwise, the interface is almost useless to me. I frequently will have as many as 40 machines open that I am cycling through. The clunky arrow interface in 8 is just useless. I am already being asked to find a new solution since 8 came out.

Lance

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
That's exactly why we have left the classic UI even in the v8.0. By using the old UI, you will get the overflow and also the tab group back. For your specific question, I will do my best to improve the usage when you have a lot of connection opened.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs