Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Sorting Tree View - Sessions

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Dear Devolutions,
Can you please add some form of SORTING OPTION in the Tree View for the Sessions?! Currently, it is locked at Alphabetical Sorting which is EXTREMELY annoying because I have groups/folders based on CLIENTS and DEPARTMENTS, but your tool keeps sorting everything in Alphabetical Order even though I wish to sort based on IMPORTANCE OF CLIENT so there is no "bug" here but you are giving us enough flexibility here. Can you please fix this?

Thanks,
3 Year Customer. wink

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
You can already do that. In the Advanced tab you have a sort order where you can give priorities

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Extremely POOR implementation for this type of sorting, so if you can please "enhance" or correct this, because you basically have to assign a sorting value to each Group/Folder so what happens when you have 100 folders?!
I have to now manually change the Sort Value for each folder?! That would take hours, if not DAYS!!!

On top of that, the sort implementation is WRONG, because if you increase the value it does NOT appear at the top of the list but at the bottom of the list?!?! This is obviously wrong, because that means I have to work DOWN from the largest number down in order to view my FAVORITE at the top of the list, but what happens when I add NEW folders?!

So this is all wrong and maybe you can change this to a "Drag and Drop" sort order, which is more standard but basically my original request still stands. smile

CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THE SORTING BUG IN THE SESSION LIST?!

Thanks. smile
<em>edited by DonChino on 8/14/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I know that this seems to be easy but it's not. If you use an xml file to store the session it's not a problem and you just move the session a the right position. However RDM supports a lot of different data source and most of them are database. This is not that simple to organize the sessions when it's stored in a table.

However I will do my best to find a better solution.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 8/14/2012</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs