Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

DELL iDrac Support

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hey there,

i've noticed that you support the HP remote management cards (iLo). Will there be support for DELL iDRAC (remote controller based on VNC) also?

KR
Peter

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Have you tried to create a VNC session (Port 5900) connected to iDRAC? If it does not work, could you give me more details?
<em>edited by dhervieux on 8/13/2012</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi David
We've never been able to connect to iDrac via VNC. Keen to hear any solutions you have to that?
Apart from that, we have a lot of customers with iDrac cards. We use the iLO field under the server to connect to the IP address, but recently we've been wanting to log into iDrac automatically if possible. When we embed a web version, we got it to login (yay) but the virtual console refuses to load (activex). If I go external (whether it's IE, firefox, chrome, etc), it won't automatically login.
Any other thoughts?

Cheers
<em>edited by echoztrip on 9/20/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

For idrac, I don't have have any solution yet. I will continue to look for it.

If I understand correctly, it does not work in external mode but have you tried our web browser extension?

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Home/ExternalAddOns

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi David,

Yes, as mentioned in my post, the web browser extension automatically logs in (which is great), however crashes when you go to do the virtual console (I'm guessing due to ActiveX plugin?).

A large percentage of our customer base have Dell servers, so iDrac is used very heavily.

Thanks!

Clock7 yrs

I thought that this was crashing with the ActiveX when it embedded. What error do you get exactly?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi David

Quick reply - thanks! smile

I went to reproduce it. I'm running 7.6.3.0, and when I click the virtual console (once logged in), it does a blank blue screen. Because I'm impatient, if I try to RDP to another server while I wait, it crashes my RDM "Remote Desktop Manager has stopped working". I've attached the screenshots I believe.

Faulting application name: RemoteDesktopManager.exe, version: 7.6.3.0, time stamp: 0x5059ba01
Faulting module name: VIDEOV~1.OCX, version: 1.2.5.79, time stamp: 0x4fa77945
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000773f7
Faulting process id: 0x26f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd96beb5149e1a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\RemoteDesktopManager.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\DOWNLO~1\VIDEOV~1.OCX
Report Id: f6c22745-083f-11e2-a430-a4badbfbd6b2

Fault bucket 3175689184, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: RemoteDesktopManager.exe
P2: 7.6.3.0
P3: 5059ba01
P4: VIDEOV~1.OCX
P5: 1.2.5.79
P6: 4fa77945
P7: c0000005
P8: 000773f7
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3BCD.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_RemoteDesktopMan_4f11a43b9b303ba0af619b45db2ccb2bb9592fc_a2bbb1a8

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f6c22745-083f-11e2-a430-a4badbfbd6b2
Report Status: 0
<em>edited by echoztrip on 9/26/2012</em>

27-09-2012 11-08-02 AM.jpg
27-09-2012 11-09-31 AM.jpg
Clock7 yrs

Could you give a try to this FAQ?

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Support/FAQ#g8

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Works best with HP, but haven't tried it on Dell and still want to know if it really works.

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Could you give a try to this FAQ?

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Support/FAQ#g8[/quote]

Hi David

The machine I'm having the problems on is configured by default for "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only". Are you suggesting I change it to "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"? Won't I experience other side effects doing this?

Cheers

3-10-2012 8-16-59 PM.jpg
Clock7 yrs

No you won't because you only change it for RDM. This will allow to execute the ActiveX in embedded IE. It might not work but this might be the problem too.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 10/3/2012</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Come alive old thread.

So i am running into issues with Dell Idracs. Running them via browser inside RDM 8.4.3.0

Same issue. when the idrac window is closed, it closes the RDM Main Nav window. although any external RDP sessions will stay alive.

Any ideas on the fix to this?

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I don't think that I have good solution. I think it's possible to configure iDrac to use the java version instead of the ActiveX

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

You sir are correct. Thank you.
Once I changed it to java, it no longer crashes the main RDM screen.

Fixed:

edited by cptsparrow on 8/15/2013

Clock6 yrs