Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Unable to save the user in the database

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

While evaluating Password Vault Manager, we are getting an error when trying to add AD intergrated users to Password Vault using a SQL backend. This same SQL server hosts Remote Desktop Manager, so the user accounts have already been added to the SQL server with permissions to the Remote Desktop Manager database.

Also, is there a way to ether "Share" the databases and/or somehow export or use the creditials we already have in Remote Desktop Manager in Password Valult Manager. Any intergration documentation between the two apps would be very helpful.

PasswordVaultAddUserError.JPG
Clock4 yrs

Hello,

When the user already exist in the DB, simply uncheck the "Create SQL Server Login and User".

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I did, but when I looked in SQL, it didn't give that user any role access to the database. I guess the user has "public" to the server itself. Should I use SQL mappings and add them to the "Public" role?

Clock4 yrs

By going in the User Management screen, and granting rights and permissions, you should have GRANTs appear. As for the DB roles, we simply emit 'CREATE USER xxxx FOR LOGIN xxxx' without specifying roles.

the public role is the fallback mechanism when not grants have been given.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

As for the integration, you have a few options

- Connect both to the same database, PVM will only see the types it supports.
- Use Dynamic credential linking to access the PVM credentials from RDM. http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/credentials_dynamiccredentiallinking.htm
- the old way was to create a RDM credential for each PVM credential that you needed access to

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs