Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Unable to set add/edit/delete permissions to any role

We are evaluating Password Vault Manager 6.1.2.0 and when creating Roles we are not able to give anything more than "View" permissions on security groups to any role. We can place a checkbox in the column for add/edit and delete, and hit "OK", but when you go back and edit the role, the permissions are not there.

We are trying to setup roles that may have view rights on some objects(credentials/folders), and add, edit and delete rights on others depending on what security group is assigned to the object, and what role the user is in.

So User belongs to a role that has view on one security group, and add/edit on another.... These security groups would be assigned to an object.

Are we not using this correctly?
edited by gsteinbr on 1/23/2015

PasswordVaultRolePermissions.JPG
Clock4 yrs

Hello,

There's a whole section missing above the Groups, you should see Rights.

I will open a bug.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

My mistake, It will not be shown at all for Roles under SQL Server, which I assume you are using.

There is a bug though and it has been identified. So it will be fixed really soon.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Yes, the backend is SQL. Thanks for the update.

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
The version 6.1.3.0 has fix for that and it's not available:

http://passwordvaultmanager.com/Home/Download

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs