Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Disconnect VPN after last of VPN group closes

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

RDM has the feature "VPN group" and an option to disconnect (or close) a VPN connection when a session closes. This is not always practical as another session might use the same VPN connection. What I would need here is an option to close the VPN connection only if the last session which is in the same VPN group closes.

Clock4 yrs

That's exactly the purpose of the VPN group.

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/tipsandtricks_vpngroup.htm?zoom_highlightsub=vpn%2Bgroup

Could you verify if your sessions are using the same exact VPN group name? I know that we have a limitation that the session must contains the VPN group and it does not use the one configured to a linked VPN.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

ok, this doesn't seem to work consitently tho.. I read it, that youincrement and decrement a counter on open/close sessnions. this doesn't seem to work when a VPN is already established.

maybe you just should scan the open sessions for sessions of the same VPN group and if this amounts to 0 then close the VPN..

Clock4 yrs

Do you mean that you open the VPN manually and it's not linked to a session?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

yes, this happens.

Clock4 yrs

I will see what we can do. In the meantime you could configure the session to not close the VPN and close it manually.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

sure, thanks.

Clock4 yrs