Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Expanding data entries

I am hoping to replace my current password safe (which doesn't support a SQL backend) with yours. One feature that my current safe has that I haven't been able to reproduce in yours, is the ability to create or expand data fields as I need them for a particular Data Entry. For example,I want to create a new data entry to keep track of my wireless environment. There are a number of fields I will need such as: URL to manage the access point, username and password for AP management, a field for wireless SSID, a password field for my WPA passphrase, and a notes field regarding the AP's serial number, support info, etc. With my old password safe, I can dynamically add as many fields as I want, so it wasn't a problem. I can even rename the fields so instead of just saying "Password" I can rename it to "WPA Passphrase" but the field still acts like a password field.

With PVM, the pre-defined categories seem very rigid, so I cannot add a second password field if I needed one.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to create a fully customized entry?

I have attached a screenshot of my old program so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.
<em>edited by aparrish on 7/30/2012</em>

I am my own subnet ::1/128

PasswordSafe.JPG
Clock6 yrs

Hi,
There is two possibility:

- use the SDK and create an add-on (I could do it for you if you want)
- use the other type where you can add as many entry as you want

Does this help?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
There is two possibility:

- use the SDK and create an add-on (I could do it for you if you want)
- use the other type where you can add as many entry as you want

Does this help?

I am not sure what you mean by "use the other type where you can add as many entry as you want"

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Take a look at the "OTHER" type:

DataEntryOther

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

DataEntryOther.png
Clock6 yrs

Thank you for pointing this out. Your suggestion does in fact allow me to create additional data fields for what I need. The problem, however, is that it becomes very clumsy to copy the data out. For example, if I wanted to copy a password out of a field that I created, I have to first edit the entire entry, and once the edit screen comes up, click on the field I want, then click Copy to Clipboard. It would be better if each entry that is created had the option to copy the data next to it (so the extra steps of going into the edit screen would be unnecessary).

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I have entered a feature request to allow the custom fields to be copied to the clipboard.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs