Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Store items in the database

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I am not sure if this is reasonable our not, but I figured I would give it a shot.

We use this software with our SQL server and have several remote employees and a branch office. We have a limited ability to share files and connection information. Is it possible to store these things in the database itself and not just have pointer files?

For instance, saving the word document in the data base so remote users can open the file, or a VPN connection. Unless its saved to a network resource, there is no way to share the items and a network resource is not always possible.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
The next version (8.0) will simplify that (document manager) but for now, you can add attachment to a folder or a session. Your documents will be saved in the database

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Thanks, that will be very useful. Do you expect version 8 to be release this year or next year? Ball park estimate would be great, as boss is leaning on me to create good solutions for our internal issues........

Clock7 yrs

I hope to release a beta in September and the final version in October this year

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I'm just wondering if this release has been took place?

Clock6 yrs

This feature was postponed unfortunately. This will be the main feature for the next release.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I don't know if this feature is already implemented, but I think this would be great to store documents in the DB.

best regards
Tobias

Clock6 yrs

This is already implemented internally. This will be in the next major update.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

That sounds great. when is the next major update planed?

best regards
Tobias

Clock6 yrs

We should have a beta in end of April or begin May. We have a lot of new stuff coming soon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi!
How can I ADD An ATTACHMENT to a session or to a FOLDER ??
Ther Attachment tab seems to have all the buttons disabled...

Clock6 yrs

What type of data source do you use?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Usually I use the .mdb format ??
Is not supported with this format ??
What format I have to use instead ??
THX

Clock6 yrs

I have tried with SQLite and now Work.
The attachment to a session WORKS, BUT the attachment to a FOLDER/GROUP DO NOT WORKS.
Seems tha the attachment to folder/group is lost...
Regards
P.

Clock6 yrs

Access is no longer updated. It's not cross platform, it doesn't work in 64 bit. I might know what could be the problem with the group, just make sure to edit it to add any description and add you attachment after that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

OK. THX.
Works the feature to attach file on sessions

BUT

The attachment to FOLDER or GROUP do not work.
Even if you edit the folder/group and add attachment
Seems that attach will be added but after you save, the attachment is no more there!!
Can you create a BUG for this ??
THX in advance
P.

Clock6 yrs

Have you tried to edit the group and add the attachment from the editor dialog. The confusion could be that don't have the Show group details checked in the dashboard. Anyway I've made a small fix that could help and this should be in the next build

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Yes I have.
But do not work.
sorry :-(

Clock6 yrs

Have you tried the new beta?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs