Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Command-Tab messes up keyboard in remote RDP session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When I use Command-Tab to switch back to another Mac App and then again to switch back to Windows, it acts as Command was stuck as the Windows key, i.e. pressing D or one the arrow keys now behaves as Windows-D or Windows + arrow keys.

Clock5 yrs

Thank you for your feedback.
I was easily able to reproduce the issue and am now working on a fix.

I will post back once the problem is fix.

Jonathan Lafontaine

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Thanks, Jonathan. It's not super-critical, but it's nice to get it fixed!

/Jesper

Clock5 yrs

Hi Jesper,

This issue is fixed and included in the 1.1.11.0 release.

Jonathan Lafontaine

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi Jonathan,

I am currently running version 1.1.11.0 and am still seeing the sticky Command key issue when Command-Tab between applications.

Dana

Clock5 yrs

Aldom,
I use version 1.1.12.0 - undocked rdp

If I press CMD+TAB the windows start menu is open - If I come back to the rdp window I can use all keys without problems. In the past I have the same problem that a CTRL or other key is fix pressed in rdp window.

@Jesper: is this a normal control ? In the rdp settings in tab "local resources" I can configure "Windows key passthrough" - mean this "Mac OS X Control Keys" ?

Bye
Jochen

Clock5 yrs

Yes, Jochen, it is a normal control. And Aldom is right, I also see the sticky issue still. It sometimes sticks the SHIFT key after Cmd-Tab, and sometimes the Windows (Cmd) key.

Clock5 yrs

I was able to reproduce the sticky SHIFT key if I use cmd-shift-tab to switch window.
Is this your scenario Jesper?

I cannot steadily reproduce the cmd key sticking but it does seem worse using undocked sessions.
I will further investigate this issue to try and find the problem.

Jonathan Lafontaine

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I may have been using Cmd-Shift-Tab, although I only remember using Cmd-Tab, but that you found it is fantastic. And just to confirm: I am only using undocked sessions, not really a big docked session fan... :-)

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

We just released a new version that should fix your issue
You can download it here http://mac.remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download

Give it a try and tell me what you think

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi

Just upgraded to newest version, and I still have the CMD-key sticking when CMD-TAB to a RDP session.
When in a session you need to press CMD (it acts as the Windows key) again to reset, otherwise it still sticks.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

Thank you for your comment.
We will try to find what is still messing with the windows/cmd key

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Is there any progression in fixing this irritating problem?
I have to press shift control option and command keys to let RDM think the keys are not pressed anymore.

I use the latest version of RDM for MAC.

Clock5 yrs

Stil using your product and paying for it.... But this bug still not fixed!
It irritates me very much, I don't understand why it is still not fixed. (or am I the only one).

I have this issue on every version, just installed the latest update without any change in this sticky key behavior.

Please reply.

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

I'm sorry you didn't get any reply the last time you posted. This is not acceptable.

I will make sure we have a solution for you as soon as possible.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks, I can't wait for the fix...

Additional information: after the key is stuck once and repairing it after pushing all the shift, ctrl, alt, cmd keys, the "c" "h" "v" keys aren't working anymore, the strange thing is caps of these letters are working fine.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Martijn,

We have a fix for you that will be available in the next release.
I know you have been really patient with us and I want to offer you a development version containing the fix.
You can download it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewbylxw1d1fwmfn/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Mac.3.5.3.1464975461.dmg?dl=0

Tell me if it fixes your issue.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I installed the version you uploaded and will report back...
Thank you for the quick action smile

Clock4 yrs

During testing I think the sticky keys issue is a better with this version... but....
This version takes 100+ percent of a CPU core... My mac is going to take-off....

Clock4 yrs

Hi Martjin,

We identified other situation where the cmd key was stuck and we are fixing it right now.
Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce your performance issues.
Is it happening every time you connect?

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

After upgrading to macOS sierra I cant test RDM anymore... Are you guys going to support macOS sierra?

If I remembered correctly CPU load is rising from the beginning after starting RDM, even without an active Remote Desktop (but im not sure of that).

Clock4 yrs

Hi Martijn,

We released a version that fixes all of the issues we had with CMD-Tab.
Unfortunately, it doesn't support macOS Sierra.
If you roll-back from Sierra you can download it here DownloadDmg v3.5.4.1

We also found a possible cause for the performance issue and we are working on a fix.
We will support macOS Sierra as soon as possible but we are dependant of the changes Apple and other third parties we use.
Therefore, we cannot guarantee that you will be up and running at all time during the Sierra Beta

Best regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I am running 3.5.4.2 and have the same issue.
When i use the ctrl + arrow keys to switch desktops it seems to keep the key stuck.
Randomly pressing ctrl / alt / caps / shift seems to clear the problem.
It is extremely frustrating!

Clock4 yrs

Hi Ross Dineen,

I seem unable to reproduce you're issue. Is your session embedded or undocked? Are you in fullscreen?

When you do switch desktop with the ctrl + arrow key, the ctrl seems to stay stuck and you could press the "c" key and it would do a copy instead of writing the "c" character?

Maybe it has to do with specific session settings.

Could you export a session where you reproduce the issue and send it to me. When exporting, leave the Credentials checkbox uncheck, your password will therefor not be exported:
ExportSelection
ExportWithoutCredentials

You can open the resulting .rdm file with TextEdit and remove any other sensitive information you wouldn't want to share.

You can send this to me via private message or to the following email address: xfortin@devolutions.net.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

ExportSelection.png
ExportWithoutCredentials.png
Clock4 yrs

Hi Xavier,

I'm experiencing the same problem with 3.5.4.2 - using the Touchpad to move between Desktops on the Mac and always when coming back to the RDM's Windows Session I've to press CMD, Option, Shift to restore the Keyboard to normal. If I can be of any help in this issue, simply let me know, what you need rom me.

Cordially
Christian

Best Regards
Christian

Clock4 yrs

Just sent you the RDM File of one of my server entries that have this problem.

I just tried the following: When switching between the diferent Desktops on my Mac by using CMD-TAB it works fine when switching back to RDM. When using the Touchpad or the Control-Arrow to move between Desktops, the Keyboard messes in the Windows RDP. It also messes up when using my Shortcut CMD-Shift-Y to produce a screenshot of the RDP Window and then going back to the RDP.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Christian

Clock4 yrs

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the RDM File. We'll look it up and try to figure this out.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Christian,

When you switch between you different desktop, is the Dashboard app among those? I've been unable to reproduce your issue with one exception. When I use Ctrl + Arrows keys to go to the Dashboard and come back to my RDP session, it does mess up my keyboard.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Nope, I'm always switching with 3 fingers on the Touchpad frome one Desktop to another. Go to the Dashboard only in very rare cases.

Let me know, if you need anything else.

Best Regards
Christian

Clock4 yrs

Any News in this case? I'm using 3.5.4.3 inbetween and the issue still occurs regularly when I switch back to a Windows RDP Session.

Best Regards
Christian

Clock4 yrs