Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Christmas Wish List

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

1. Would love to have the "reconnect" action triggered by a double click to/on an open tab, especially for embedded SSH/Telnet sessions. On that same note, when a disconnected tab is selected but still open in RDM, would love to have it reconnect by hitting the ENTER key similar to how Secure CRT works with disconnected sessions that are still open in a tab. This when selected in tree view, but that's not helpful once you've navigated away.

2. the ability to "right click, view password" on the tab entries would be great. We can currently do this from tree view but sometimes this is needed when you are no longer on the data source the session was opened from. Since right-click reconnect works on a tab that was open from the non-current data-source, I suspect the session properties used to launch the connection are still attached somehow so this should be easy to display.

3. right click "execute script in terminal across multiple open tabs would be nice and allow that feature to work across sessions that exists in multiple data sources. Actually, the ability to multi-select the open session tabs would be needed for this to work but should allow bulk edit and other common nav-tree multi-select features to work this way also.

4. Along the lines of multi-selecting across open TABs, would be great to have a "crate playlist from the selected items" feature be available. Currently, the selecting items for a new play list is very cumbersome due to the lack of search.

5. This is a wish list at best since I know the embedded SSH/Telnet clients are coded by a 3rd party. Would love to see a color pallet or html color code options available for selecting background and font colors for terminal colors. The current 16 options available do not allow people who with eye sight problems that are used to putty and secure CRT to mimic their specific preferences due to the limited color choices. great job making that a global preference by the way!!!! smile

6. huge wish list, but will RDM's database ever be re-architected in a way that makes it usable for 5000+ sessions? We have 15,000 devices spread across three data sources due to the performance hit by having them in one (minutes long delays editing objects, locks ups scrolling through tree view or using filter, ect..) in our large enterprise and managing shared passwords and common links across all three is a nightmare. I know this has been brought up before with forum posts and tickets, just wondering if it's still on your radar.

Wish you all the best and happy holidays!
edited by phillipj on 12/27/2014

Clock4 yrs

Hi Phillip,

#1 I will add a feature request to set the default action when you double click on an opened connection. For now it's focus the embedded tab but I could add the reconnect and close action as an alternative.

#2 This is not complicated. I will try to add this quickly

#3 This one is a little bit tricky but I will think about it and see what I can do

#4 This was added in the context menu. Do you have the latest RDM 10.1 version?

#5 For this one I will have to check with the dev team when they get back from the holiday. I'm not sure if it's possible to use something else than the default colors.

#6 This is one the hardest one. We don't have a solution for now. It still on our todo list but this is not a trivial problem. The main issue is that we load everything in memory. The simple solution would be to remove the tree view and request a search every time you need a connection. However this is complete change in the way people are using RDM.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
the next update will allow you to customize the terminal with any colors. The setting will be in File->Options

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks so much for the detailed and quick response! Checked out the global color options this morning and they were exactly what we were hoping for. I did not realize at the time of the request that font choices are still only available on a per session basis. Would it be difficult to make that a global option in some future release as well?

Regarding #4, I see that now thanks for pointing it out smile Also thanks in advance for the other requests that are feasible and not much trouble, you guys really are the best software vendor I've ever worked with.

Clock4 yrs

I will make sure that the font be configurable globally.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Global font settings will be available in the next version. They're located in the same place that the colors are, in File > Options.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs