Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Open (prompt for Credentials) - to be used with PVM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

You have the excellent feature that allows me to login to a session using a saved credentials, but it only works with the local repository inside RDM.
I use PVM and I think that an integration is mandatory, just think to be able to choose to login from the central repository.

Please reply that it will be on the next beta...Applause

Clock4 yrs

Hello Snir,
I'm not sure to completely understand. You would like RDM to list the external credential when it's linked to PVM? Something like the prompt for credential combo?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

on a session you can right-click and choose "open and prompt for credentials".
when it opens for the prompting I would like to be able to search and select a credential from PVM, much like when I choose an embedded credential in the session settings.

need screen shots?

Clock4 yrs

How should the application detect that it can list the PVM session? Do you have a link to one existing local PVM entry?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

I see that the help topic could be improved

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/credentials_passwordvaultmanager.htm

You simply create a credential entry of the PVM type, ensure you check "Always prompt with list" for your use case.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Maurice,
I think Snir wants it add-hoc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

yes.

When I right-click an entry I have this option:

2014 12 28 08h53 18

Then I get this:

2014 12 28 08h53 52

in here to add PVM, could be as a button to open PVM or better yet as a window like this:

2014 12 28 08h56 39
edited by snirh on 12/28/2014

2014-12-28_08h56_39.jpg
2014-12-28_08h53_18.jpg
2014-12-28_08h53_52.jpg
Clock4 yrs

Does your session is linked to a specific PVM entry? I could prompt for the PVM credential by using original session information to establish the link.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

why not prompt for a selection like in the embedded credentials window and instead of saving the link - use it to login...?

Clock4 yrs

The problem is how to detect that you use PVM and how should I keep the default behavior for other people? I could add a setting in the application options or detect that you use PVM for the selected entry.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

why should you keep it for other users ? the reason I use the prompt for credentials is that I want a temporary access using a different user name...

Why you can use an add-hoc connection creation for the embedded credentials but not for this ? (again, no need to save it anywhere...)

Clock4 yrs

You want RDM to prompt the PVM credentials list but it's not what my other users want. How should I determine which behaviour to use? I can't break an already working feature just for you.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I don't think it just for me, I'm not talking about breaking anything, just add more functionality to an already working screen.

Maybe I was misunderstood, In my screenshots above I talked about adding another TAB or a button to that screen, not to remove it.

Snir

Clock4 yrs

Ok,
I see. I though you wanted to replace the current dialog for the PVM dialog when it's linked to PVM.

I will enter a feature request now that I understand.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks

Clock4 yrs