Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Training Videos

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi There!

Whilst I do really like RDM, and we came from a considerably inferior product, one of the areas we find pretty frustrating is the lack of training material etc. We feel we use about 1% of the features that get released because they come so quickly, but documentation is poor at best. I know a team of experts was compiled and one of the things I'd most like to see, is some training snippets, best practices, tips and tricks, and demo's of new features.

I am not sure how it would work, but it would be really cool to have a competition where people submitted training videos and they got voted on, and the top rated video each month gets a prize. I'd pay for a prize myself ($100 amazon voucher perhaps)?.

We just feel we could be getting a lot more from RDM if we knew how to get more out of it smile

Clock4 yrs

The more I think about it, the community video project could really be excellent.

If people submitted videos of their favourite features, or were particularly proud of their implementation or a tips and tricks video it would be great.

Surely devolutions could stump for some prizes considering what they would be saving on doing it themselves.

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

I totally agree with you. Our "Experts" project was the start of a program to put forward those members of the community that contribute to its advancement. The videos could be an aspect of that program.

The few videos I have published have been a lot of help for our Marketing and Support services. We definitely wanted to generate a lot more of them, and we have taken steps to that effect just this last friday. We'll see if that pans out, but be assured that we know how important they are.

As for prizes, I cannot speak for David, but I suspect it would not be an issue.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I really like the idea. I will discuss that with our marketing team. I'm sure every body could benefit of more training material. Like Maurice mentioned, we now have a opened job at our head office for a technical write. We already made an offer to someone and we hope to get a position answer.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi There!

Just a gentle poke to see how this is coming along? Over the xmas break I got all motivated to ensure we get more from the products we use and RDM is one of the most feature rich ones.

Clock4 yrs