Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

Remote Desktop Manager 7.5 Beta

Hi David,

I have set this to use session credentials, but still no info in dash..

Clock7 yrs

Could you verify the application log in Help->Application Log

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

could you add the following filed the shared connection log:
connection type
and could you create the active time for all session with a start and disconnect time? e.g. for teamviewer?

Clock7 yrs

[12-7-2012 12:27]ERROR System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Kan bestand of assembly VMware.Vim, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=10980b081e887e9f of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

In installation path, Vmware, VMware infrastructure Client, it shows the installation path and it says Application is ready.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

@Xanacas
I have entered feature request for the connection type. However the active time is available only for an embedded product. For what type of connection do you want this?

@Rayman

You need to install the VMware PowerCLI: http://www.vmware.com/go/PowerCLI

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

in my case im looking for the activetime of our teamviewer sessions....

Clock7 yrs

Works now, thank you.

Kind regards,
Ray

Clock7 yrs

Hi
Tested beta version 7.4.6.0. Custom routes for Microsoft VPN works great.
Found only a GUI issue. When opening a Microsoft VPN-session type, the green open indicator next to the session in the session list is not shown.
Kind Regards
Magnus

Clock6 yrs

Any idea when the next version will come out? I'm currenly on 7.5
Getting a lot of bugs when editting a session, and also with importing from .csv
<em>edited by Cody24 on 8/13/2012</em>

Clock6 yrs

Could you give me more details? I have updated the binaries last friday but it still the version 7.5

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Could you give me more details? I have updated the binaries last friday but it still the version 7.5

Below is one I just encountered. I was going through the Import Csv Wizard. I selected VNC for the template, and then when I hit finish got this error.

OutOfMemoryException - Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.String.CreateStringFromEncoding(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteLength, Encoding encoding)
at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetString(Byte[] bytes, Int32 index, Int32 count)
at System.Text.Encoding.GetString(Byte[] bytes)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SerializationManager.SaveObjectToString(Object value)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SecurityManager.SaveObjectToEncryptedFile(String fileName, Object value, String salt, Boolean ntfsEncrypt)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OfflineManager.SaveData(BaseConnectionDataSource connectionDataSource, String fileName, Object data)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OfflineManager.Save(BaseConnectionDataSource connectionDataSource)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.DoSetConnections(BaseConnectionDataSource connectionDataSource, Connection[] connectionList)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.LoadConnectionsFromDataSource(BaseConnectionDataSource connectionDataSource)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.LoadConnections(BaseConnectionDataSource connectionDataSource)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.RefreshConnections()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainBase.RefreshAllConnectionView(Boolean saveState, Boolean checkOnline)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainBase.RefreshView(Boolean checkOnline)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmImportCsvWizard.butFinish_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

<em>edited by Cody24 on 8/14/2012</em>

Clock6 yrs

And after that you can continue or you need to restart the application?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I have to restart the application, if I take the Ok on the error box it will just keep popping up.

Clock6 yrs

I have fix coming that should resolve this issue. The crash comes from the offline mode. If you don't need it, you could disable it or maybe only when you import a lot of data.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I disabled offline mode... I don't ever need that, I'll let you know if I get any errors after doing that.

Clock6 yrs

When I disable the offline mode... I don't get the previous error, at least have not yet.
but I get 2 new errors while offline mode is disabled.

Clock6 yrs

I think that my fix will help. I will try release a beta soon. Thank you again. The second message is weird, it seems that the xml content is currupted

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Awesome, Thank You.

Clock6 yrs

You guys have a change log for the 7.6.1 release?

thx

edit: never mind, found it in the included readme:

VERSION 7.6.1.0 (September 6th 2012)
- Added a Ctrl-Alt-Delete macro: {CTRL-ALT-DEL}
- Added LogMeIn support without desktop shortcut
- Added TeamViewer import folder support
- Fixed a reconnect bug when the size has changed
- Fixed a bug with child sessions in templates

<em>edited by alphanimal on 9/10/2012</em>

Clock6 yrs