Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Show who is in the currently open session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
When you enable RDM to warm if someone is connected to a session already, would it be possible to have it also report which RDM user is connected to that session?

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

good idea and it would be nice when you see at the symbols already (the green "play" symbol for my open connections and other color for connections opened by others)

Clock7 yrs

It's already possible to view who is logged from the log tab. However it's not visible in the tree view. This feature has already been added to our todo list but my only concern is the performance issue.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Look/read here as well wink
http://forum.devolutions.net/forum/topic1201-realtime-view-of-user-connections.aspx

//Brandur

Clock7 yrs

Yes, I've read that thread. However I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about when you try to connect to a session and someone is already connected when RDM warns there is a user connected i just want it to say who is connected. So it's not continuous checking for who is logged into what smile

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Watch for the next beta release smile

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
Watch for the next beta release smile

Hi David.
This is actually bugging me(us) every day at work. So how do I use this feature(I'm assuming this is not the same as the one under Logs "Warn if already opened")?

//Brandur

Clock7 yrs

It's the "Warn if already opened" but in the version 7.5, you get more information like the name of the user connected.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

That's great for our "usual" usage. But we have several external consultants that connect first thru VPN, then directly to servers via rdp. They often do not log off there sessions, but just "X" quit the rdp session.
So when I connect to a server, I would like to see who is currently logged in, for how long and if the session(s) is/are still active/inactive.
I know I have brought this subject up before, but it's only because this is a daily annoyance smile

I believe we talked about it here: http://forum.devolutions.net/forum/topic1201-realtime-view-of-user-connections.aspx

//Brandur

Clock7 yrs

Hi Brandur,
I'm not sure I understand because you can see those information from the Terminal Dashboard or if you want to use the connection log too, it's possible to view the real time users.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

As David has stated. There is a round-about way to view users currently connected using the "Shared Connection Log". Although it does not give any pretty little icons showing if a user is currently active in a session it does give you an overview of currently active sessions. I would suggest looking into that. It would be possible however to create a simple application to query your RDM SQL DB looking for entries that meet specific criteria and then notify you in some manner that a session is active and who is using it. However in saying this the constant querying of the DB (taking into consideration session amounts) could cause a degredation in performance.

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs