Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Active Directory Authenication

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Sorry. I must be missing something. I got RDMS installed and working without issue with local users. When I go in, select Authenticate with domain user and type in the DC server name. I can not get any of those logins to work. I keep getting an error user not registered. I even manually added the user under users by searching the domain but that didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?

Clock8 yrs

Nevermind. Figured it out. I fat fingered something. Sorry.

Clock8 yrs

No problem, you are faster than me

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Try to get a bigger keyboard. I, myself am looking for one.

Clock8 yrs

I deployed remote desktop manager server with a SQL database and everything was working great including integrated security with our domain accounts. However, for some reason I can no longer authenticate with integrated security using a domain account. I receive the following error message "Invalid user name or password, please verify your credentials!".

The only thing I can think that has changed is a updated SQL to SP1. I tried uninstalling remote desktop manager and deleted and the database and started from scratch, but still have the same issue.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Clock7 yrs

Could you try to login with the same setting by using the SQL Management Studio?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I cannot. However, I don't think I could have before when it was working.

I added my domain account to the security accounts for the database a can now login with SQL Management Studio, but I still get an error when using the same credentials to login to Remote Desktop Manager.

Is your application looking at the SQL accounts or the Windows domain accounts for auth?

Clock7 yrs

RDM support both. If you choose Integrated Security, it's the Windows account.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs