Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Ability to Edit Attachments

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
I would like to be able when i have an attachment to be able to edit it and save it, and this automatically saves it inside the SQL DB or some sort of network storage so the attachment in RDM is also updated

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
This is complicated because we have to detect a change and it will depend of the attachment type. What type of attachment do you use?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Currently we are using Excel and Visio attachments. It's important for the Excel ones but not as much for Visio

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

I use Excel and plain text documents a lot.

//Brandur

Clock7 yrs

Yeah same, we have an excel document for all of our clients, that needs to be continuously be accessed and modified would be extremely helpful to be able to do this through RDM!

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

Could you not store the files in SQL blobs, and then when a save is executed get it to save back to that blob?

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

The problem is to detect that the document need to be saved back to the database.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

You should just be able to say when the file is open to create a temporary path back to the blob. For example using office web apps in sharepoint. Would you not be able to use a similar procedure?

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

I will have to do some search about the web apps. Thank you for the tips

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Once again David, LOVE the support! I can also do some research into this for you if you like?

-Brendan

Clock7 yrs

If you find anything, this would be really nice.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs