Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Handle Data-Sources as Credentials

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I would like to use the Data Sources such as credentials. At present it is only possible over "Password Vault Manager". It would also be nice if I could sign up by right-clicking with other credentials.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Could you give me more details?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I add an RDP session and would like to use a data-source as credential. Now I can do it only about the additional program "Password Vault Manager" to get credentials from the same Database.
I would like to have it so like the credentials. Is it possible the Data Sources add the drop menu? So that I must don't use the Workaround over "Embedded credential entry" -> "Password Vault" -> Data-Source from my DB
<em>edited by Martin on 5/30/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

Ok,
So you would like to have in RDM 2 data sources and create link between them? RDM was designed to open one data source at the time, this is why it's so complicated to add.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 5/30/2012</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I have expressed myself incorrectly

one Data Source and I talk about data entries upset sorry it is now understandable?

Clock7 yrs

I see but one quick question, why you are not creating an Credential entry instead? What is missing or what do you use in the data entry? This will help me understand the real use case.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I want to see the credentials together with the sessions, without seperation.
I want to see the credetial-informations on the dashboard like data entry
I don't want to edit the credential to see passwords and additional informations.

Clock7 yrs

Good point! I think that I should improve the credential too.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs